$2.49 Shared hosting at Turnkey Internet, prepaid

Turnkey Internet is offering $2.49/mo shared hosting when you prepay for 3 years. I am with them for last three years and just renewed for another three.
https://turnkeyinternet.net/linux-cpanel-web-hosting/

1 Like

What kind of downtime have you experienced, if any?
Do you use SSL or LetsEncrypt?
Do you know the physical location of their servers?
Which domain registrar do you use?

Sorry for all the q’s :slight_smile:

1 Like

What hardware do you use?

We only use genuine 100% enterprise-class servers, owned by us and hosted in our own green datacenter located in New York. Our servers are fully optimized and loaded with the latest operating system and software you select at checkout. Our Reseller-based cPanel servers offer dual Hexa Core Xeon E5656 CPU’s delivering 24 visible CPU’s to your web applications! We do not overload our servers, and pride ourselves on offering the highest perfoming hardware in the industry to our clients.

2 Likes

Zero downtime for me that was due to turnkey’s fault. used SSL and it worked fine for my purpose. On cPanel side, most addon software were updated frequently.

1 Like

Just be prepared for more than “regular” spam advertising their services. They’ve improved, but it surprises me that they continue it, even after asking to be removed.

As for downtime, I just use their shared hosting for several, low traffic domains. I’ve been with them for 10+ years, and can’t even remember the last time they were down. Keep in mind that my domains are low traffic, and not professionally monitored, so I won’t necessarily get a notice if they go down.

Finally, over the course of those years, I’ve found that my websites load a little slower at times. I’m not talking day-to-day, but more like quarterly. That’s not a big deal, as they are more for email than anything else.

Their customer support has been prompt, they’re inexpensive, and very little trouble. That’s why I’m still with them and try not to rant too much about their spam.

1 Like

Seems like a good deal if one doesn’t need the buxz that comes with cloud. Shared hex core server is far better than one shared thread they call a vCpu on cloud platforms

I might try using them as my backup servers…

Thank you OP

1 Like