A woman returned a Christmas tree to Costco on January 4th "because it [was] dead" and got her money back

This was a daily poll at one site. These were the 5 choices. I guess Costco really does have a good return policy.

A woman returned a Christmas tree to Costco on January 4th “because it [was] dead” and got her money back. Reaction?

That’s ridiculous. People who pull stuff like this are the worst.
I wouldn’t do this, but I have to admire her chutzpah.
It seems lilke more trouble than it’s worth, but I could see myself doing something like this.
I don’t see anything wrong with what she did.
Eh. I’ve done stuff like this.

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

It was dead when she bought it. (Copied from the other forum.)

Assuming the story is true, they should have posted her license plate number, so that everyone could be extra courteous to her. What a #%&%$. I don’t mind people pushing the boundaries, but that’s the kind of manure that ruins decent policies.

<Edited to remove comments to @ablang once I realized that the comments were possible poll answers instead of his own. It was a long day. :frowning: >

I am now certain I never want to do business with you, nor have you marry my son or daughter.

1 Like

I believe ablang was quoting a poll and citing the different possible poll answers.

Poll Topic: A woman returned a Christmas tree to Costco on January 4th “because it [was] dead” and got her money back. Reaction?

Possible poll Responses :
A) That’s ridiculous. People who pull stuff like this are the worst.
b) I wouldn’t do this, but I have to admire her chutzpah.
c) It seems lilke more trouble than it’s worth, but I could see myself doing something like this.
D) I don’t see anything wrong with what she did.
E) Eh. I’ve done stuff like this.

2 Likes

Not worth it, loading that thing up twice? No thanks. But I respect the committment.

2 Likes

I suspect there may be more to the story than is being reported.

Obviously Xmas trees are all dead when bought.

What say if the tree turned brown and all the needles fell off on Dec. 18th? I might think thats a “defective” xmas tree. Theres a presumption that the tree will stay green for until after xmas.
(ok I may be bending backwards to give her the benefit of the doubt here, but the media often confuses or omits details)

1 Like

Yes I did eventually figure that out. Apologies.
:exploding_head:

Christmas trees aren’t dead when you buy them. They are still alive for a while. Might not even be dead when you grind them. Listen to the little tree screams next time. :cry:

1 Like