Alliant Credit Union

Wow…that is a big surprise…and certainly a welcome one :slightly_smiling_face:

shinobi, as usual you were certainly right in your prediction of Alliant raising the rate between 1.4% &1.5%.

I’m really happy to see this change, & it will help folks on the fence keep their money with Alliant.

I have most of my money at Ally Bank now (hope they soon match the 1.45% apy rate)…but i was hardly using my Alliant accounts…now that they are getting more competitive with the other online banks, i think i will likely use them more actively and in conjunction with my Ally set up…

Thanks for posting! What an interesting story. I didn’t even realize nerdwallet was doing personal finance journalism of that caliber.

Alliant CU is really fouled up this morning. I tried to ACH transfer funds into Alliant & all my external accounts are GONE.

I’ve been on the phone with a rep & was told this is effecting all accounts. Big problem, I live in CA & I will miss the cutoff time for the ACH today. Instead of the money in my account tomorrow (Friday), the move can’t be accomplished until the problem is fixed. Who know when!!

1 Like

It’s Fixed!

All my external accounts are listed now. It pays to cause a FIT with a company sometimes.

Craig10x 7 days ago: Savings and Checking with Incredible Bank after switching from Purepoint.

Craig10x 4 days ago: “I actually have most of my big cash over with AMEX Savings now and Bank of America is my day to day banking place…”

Craig today:" I have most of my money at Ally Bank now…"

Any other changes in the last hour?

4 Likes

Craig10x 7 days ago: Savings and Checking with Incredible Bank after switching from Purepoint.

Craig10x 4 days ago: “I actually have most of my big cash over with AMEX Savings now and Bank of America is my day to day banking place…”

Craig today:" I have most of my money at Ally Bank now…"

Any other changes in the last hour?

LOL. :slight_smile:

Actually, i am trying to trim down and settle in…getting tired of making changes…it’s getting exhausting… :grin:

Oh, puh-LEASE!! C’mon, Craig, you’re among friends here. We all know your propensities. :grin:

Craig begins with the letter “C”.

Change begins with the letter “C”.

Craig and change are “two C’s in a pod” :rofl:

So true :wink:
:rofl:
Maybe there is a drug i can take for it (anti-change medicine)…he he he

Welp…I guess I’m out of Alliant. I think they are purposely not #1 in savings anymore as they have enough customers that don’t chase rates as hard. I’m a stickler though, so all my savings is getting moved tonight.

They haven’t been for some time…

The raise from 1.30% to 1.45% is a very nice increase in most terms. BUT, compared to other institutions that have upped their Savings rates to much higher rates this rate seems minimal. I mention ableBanking MM Savings rate 1.70%.

I still will stay with Alliant CU for other conveniences, 1 day movement of ACH transfers & good Bill Pay options. I will keep a minimal amount of money in Alliant for these reasons.

1 Like

Yeah, it was in the back of my mind 3-4 months ago, but I kept thinking they’d make a come back of some sort. While it’s better, it’s not enough to keep me around now.

I’m of the same mind as you, pattyb53.

I like the 3% Alliant CC and will continue to like it when the reward descends to 2 1/2%.

I love and heavily rely on Alliant’s overnight funds transfers. Waiting longer would totally drive me NUTS!! I am so accustomed to overnight service. It is to where I would be unable to tolerate anything slower. Alliant has me spoiled.

Also after nearly ten years of membership, Alliant has become pretty much a “no surprises” banking experience. And when it comes to my banking, I do not at all look forward to surprises.

2 Likes

shinobi, that 3% Alliant CC is best around, even 2 1/2% is great. I’ve said it before, but they will only allow me the 2% CC, but it’s ok for now. I just need to get the limit raised.

Like you I have been with Alliant over 10 years also. Remember when we could ACH transfer out $100K per day? Not that I did it very often, but it was there when we needed.

I do recall the great old 100K/day limits. I’m afraid such as that will not be returning any time soon.

Alliant will not profile. When dishonest members cause trouble and create losses, we all are penalized.

I’m gonna start doing 300-400k a month or more on the 3% card will that be a problem?

does alliant issue 1099 for cc cashback taken to checking/savings ?