Amex Offers Thread

My Amex Preferred Card had a 10% off insurance payments offer up to $200 (i.e. $20 credit), so I selected it, then called to pay ahead $200 on my auto and renters’ insurance.

3 Likes

3 Amex cards, 0 for 3 for me. Would have been a good one…

One-time $10 off $50 at Pike Nurseries by 7/22/19 showing on one of my cards today.

I got “spend $100, get back $25” for Staples.

3 Likes

My BCE card has a current 10% off cell phone bills up to $10 max. I paid ahead $100 on my T-mobile bill.

Got this offer again on my BCP.

I keep getting Chase Offers for Staples. They’re not as good as the Amex ones, but I’ll take 'em. :slight_smile:

Its a shame the chase business cards cant use offers. Then you could stack with Chase Ink.

2 Likes

Current offers on my Amex Everyday card:

1. Get 5% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a payment on your insurance bill by 6/30/2020. Limit of $20 in total statement credits. See terms for exclusions.

2. Get a $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $90+ in one or more transactions on your US cable or satellite TV bill made directly with the provider by 7/24/2020. Limit of 4 statement credits (total of $20). See terms.

3 Likes

Don’t have either offer on two accounts. :man_shrugging:

I had the 5 off 90 cable, but used my Chase Freedom to pay the max allowed by my provider.

I wish I would have thought of paying the max allowed earlier but I can’t be bothered to call my cable company.

You can make payments online.

If you make $90 payments to the cable company that’s 5.5% cash back, plus 1% regular cashback = 6.5%.

Amex offered an upgrade of my Everyday to a Preferred with $150 bonus for $1K spend in 90 days. Annual fee is $95. So, first year I’d clear $55 from bonus plus 6% on groceries (to $6K). Existing offers still apply.

I’ve been using the NFCU Amex for groceries lately because it’s 3% unlimited and no fee.

1 Like

Am I right in guessing that you downgraded from a BCP previously? If so, how long have you been on the Everyday card?

It’s been nine months since I downgraded, June 23, 2019.

2 Likes

Thanks. I downgraded in January and was wondering how long it would take them to offer a bonus for upgrading.

It wuld be useful when you receive a very attractive offer to say on what type of card. Many have several, and would like to know which card to look at for the offer. The offers seem to differ with the card.

Blue Cash Preferred and Everyday:

Get a $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $50 in one or more transactions in-store or online at select superstores by 10/15/2020. Limit of 2 statement credits (total of $10).

It doesn’t tell you what the superstores are until you read the details: Target and Walmart.

5 Likes

I upgraded from Blue Cash Everyday to Blue Cash Preferred when presented with a $150 bonus offer last April. I had downgraded previously so as not to pay the annual fee and still get 3% on groceries,

Has anyone done this repeatedly? Get the bonus offer for an upgrade after downgrading to BCE? Because I’m thinking of downgrading again.

1 Like