Any experience with Auto-Owners insurance?

I am in the market for Auto and Home insurance. http://www.auto-owners.com/
Found “Auto owners insurance” via a google search. They only operate in 26 states (not sure if this is a red flag) and so far their quote has been the cheapest. Anybody have any experience with them?

I checked this insurance and found an agent where I am. I may try and see if he can give me a quote that is lower than what I’ve already paid my current insurance.

I just renewed our home and auto policies with tripleA. I checked with other insurance companies first for quotes on the same policy we have but so far, not one even come close so we’re sticking with tripleA.

We have opted for the highest deductible on our policies to save on our premiums but we made sure we have the deductible in our emergency fund should a catastrophe strike. We haven’t filed any claims that’s why if the insurance company starts increasing our premiums, I made it a point to shop around and/or review our policy with the agent so we can go by it line by line and possibly find an area we can save money. Insurance and property taxes are our highest bills annually that’s why I’m always on the look-out for savings in those necessary expenses.

IIRC, they were not highly rated by Consumer Reports, but that info is about 3 years old.

1 Like

They were who my parent’s had for several years. Your satisfaction with them may rely on how well you like your agent. I never had to file any claims with them, so I can’t speak on that.

I went ahead and signed up with them. So far so good.

1 Like