Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Don’t say that you’re not going to get into a back and forth and then say something so stupid – everyone knows that Earth is only 6000 years old. Take your politics to another thread buddy. This thread is about savings accounts (so interest rates and FED news are fine), not your personal opinions of the news, the parties, or science that’s not even remotely related.

6 Likes

stupid! That’s a laugh…basically you are saying that anyone who doesn’t go along with “bible years” is stupid…fact of the matter is the earth IS over 3 billion years old…now, back to the main topic here, which is INTEREST RATES…

Why do you get the last word? I’m saying that people who don’t believe in science are stupid. That was obviously a joke to demonstrate. The real fact of the matter is that Anthropogenic Global Warming is happening much, much faster now than ever before whether you believe it or not. Now back to the main topic.

The AGW hoax is based 100% on science.

Political science

Only fools and idiots believe in that folly. Do you also think the tooth fairy is real?

Climate activists: WABOA

Not responding to anyone in particular but could we please stick to thread topic or just shut up? As very special snowflakes, we all have our 100%-correct opinions on other issues, let’s keep them to ourselves since we won’t convince anyone here and just antagonize/hurt others who might have some financial information to contribute.

And just so the insecure don’t feel ostracized, those same extremely valuable opinions could be freely expressed at length on the Off-topic board to give them the attention they deserve. :wink:

I’m sure I’m not alone feeling frustrated to have to parse through heavily politically-tainted opinions on unrelated topics before getting some actual insight on how to keep making money in challenging times for savers.

7 Likes

Your wish. My command:

Go here to discuss anthropogenic climate change

I agree with you this thread is too valuable to destroy with off-topic posts.

1 Like

Thanks for understanding!

Sorry for the extra work starting that off topic thread but I appreciate it.

I am always happy to be of service.:grinning:

The off topic board is warming up. Lots of good topics there.

New Performance Savings Account from Capital One 360 (replaces both their Savings and Money Market Accounts)… Rate is 1.90% apy on all balances ($1 and up) on their previous Money Market, you had to have a minimum of $10,000 to get the 1.90% apy rate…

1 Like

Could you also not use rhetorical questions? Sometimes your posts sound like you are interviewing yourself. No wait, you were interviewing yourself. :joy:

4 Likes

So many wrong things in that picture, it’s hard to know where to start. I’m guessing it’s a typo too but it’s certainly a good laugh.

If it is not a typo, then the mention of high-yield savings, the bar graph showing weird math in which 0.00% > 0.09%, and the motto “save with confidence” are kind of major head-scratchers.

But yeah, let’s hope it is not a vision of where things will be in a year or so.

Good find. It looks like they don’t even list the original Savings accounts anymore under all the banking products, but they also haven’t converted existing Savings accounts to the new Performance Savings account. And they probably won’t, since it’s a much higher rate. I wonder if we have to open a new account or if they would convert existing accounts upon request.

Thanks! In my case, i opened the new Performance Savings online and then got on chat and had them close the Money Market…It may be possible to convert…i didn’t ask at the time…And yes, they did eliminate both the Savings and Money Market…this replaces both of them…I don’t think they will be automatically converting those who already have the other accounts…either you’d need to do what i did or see if it is possible to request a conversion…

I also have the 360 Checking and a Quicksilver Visa Signature card…the whole deal…LOL :slightly_smiling_face:

I still see the old money market account page:

You have to clear the cache in your web browser…and then re-launch…the money market and savings are gone…You are are looking at the old web page before the changes were made…

It appears that many of these rates have slipped down a notch in the past week.
Multiple choice question. What is the cause?
a) Fed doing $75 billion a day in the repo market overnight loan business
b) Fed rate change
c) Iran bombing Saudi’s oil
d) All of the above

(b), obviously.

IMO ( a ) which I don’t know anything about, might affect other rates (based purely on the description I’d guess that it might keep very short-term rates for some specific purposes low), and ( c ) would affect stocks and commodities.

Effective 10/22/19, All America Bank rate will be reduced to 2.20% APY

Just my customary reminder to everyone:

Be aware that at 8:30 am ET tomorrow (Friday) the September employment report will be released. This report will surely influence the FOMC, regarding interest rates, when they meet at month’s end. Let’s hope for a good report.

2 Likes

Right now it doesn’t look good. The chance for another quarter point cut from the 10/30/19 meeting is 90%.

2 Likes