Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

certain states have Santander Select Checking. $400. bonus for DD of 6k (WFargo works) can be any amt adding up to 6K. Plus add 500. or more, keep it in for a certain term, and get 600. for 6500. PSECU…I live in NY and opened this. BUT Hard pull for 250 bonus if you think its worth it. Some hoops. DD of 200 for 6 months, but you can withdraw it when you want, plus 500 DD to open for bonus. Schwab Mnoney link works. DOC has many more. HSBC has some good ones.

1 Like

You probably know about DOC web site but just in case…

3 Likes

Thank you very much, gremIn007. I’ll take a look.

Thank you very much, barrytuneup. I’ll look into it.

Have any of our fragile friends checked on T-Mobile MONEY? It looks like another option for liquid funds placement.

I’m checking around for at least a 1% interest rate for CD’s maturing soon. I have Connexus CU money mkt paying .81%. Or Kessler 1-step CD 1.05% (I think 1 yr CD).

They keep saying interest rates are going to rise, but I don’t see it happening. Any suggestions appreciated…

The thread above is about T-Mobile Money. These fintechs aren’t exactly known for stellar customer service. Personally I would look at some of the CU’s at Ken’s site if I wanted to eek out some extra interest over the .5%-ish that the mainstream CUs and online banks have been offering.

1 Like

I’ve been using T-mobilemoney for at least a year and I haven’t had any problems.

My wife and I both have accounts. We both get the 1%. We don’t even try for the 4% on the $3K.

1 Like

I have T-Mobile Money also…actually i like the account a LOT…and they even have an excellent bill pay…it is actually run for them through BankMobile digital banking which uses Customers Bank as the actual bank…And their “online interface” and mobile app are great…

Their transfer limits for external accounts is rather low (only $3,000 per day in or out) although you can push or pull as much a you want from other bank’s ach systems…

However, the problem with them is: 1) You cannot open Joint Accounts 2) You cannot add Beneficiaries which could be a major problem should you “pass on” as it were since your beneficiaries would need to get the funds out through using probate court…

That is the only thing that is holding me back from putting any substantial money in it…

Only easy way around that would be to have your beneficiaries log into, say your Alliant Cu account and pull the money in from T-Mobile Money…which “technically” i think is considered illegal…

2 Likes

Post was deleted by the author.

1 Like

@pattyb53 You may want to check into Sofi’s new checking account.

Here is some info–

1 Like

I have a dormant sofi account. It’s actually pretty good… and at 1% APY up to $50k, it’s not a bad deal. I would pick that over T-Mobile Money given that Sofi is now an actual bank, and they are not some fly-by-night fintech operation.

There were some issues when they moved to MC from Visa, where some customers encountered fraudulent charges on their never used debit cards… but recently I haven’t seen any reports.

3 Likes

Actually, you can get 1% on up to $150,000…When they upgrade you…you can get $50,000 on Checking $50,000 on Savings and $50,000 on a “Vault” account (which is attached to savings)…

Only one requirement to get the rate, though…you would need to transfer a REAL direct deposit to them…Ach Push Ins from other banks won’t work…

1 Like

Thanks for all your responses on T-Mobile MONEY. I’m satisfied with everything I’ve read here and all the information online.

So opening the account was easy enough. I’m using some of my personal accounts for funding now. From reading it looks like $3k is allowed by internal ACH. That’s going to work until I can set up my own outside external ACH transfers.

I’m going to be transferring my maturing CD’s soon and T-Mobile MONEY 1% rate will help a lot.

I appreciate everyone’s help. Thanks :blush:.

2 Likes

Thanks for the extra detail! Any minimum on DD amount? I assume they expect it monthly too.

Yep…Sofi expects it monthly…the amount on the direct deposit can be any amount according to their faqs that i read…but it does have to be a real direct deposit…i tried an ach push in but it didn’t work…

The nice part is when you do the upgrade, they give you a complimentary 30 days on the 1% apy to give you a chance to move your direct deposit over…

Without the direct deposit…the yield would be the old .25% apy…

1 Like

Craig, isn’t the dd for the 4% checking max $3000? Otherwise 1% on the checking/savings accounts without dd.

Hopefully I’m correct. Someone mentioned that they only go for the 1% and forget about $3k 4% + did.

To get the 4% apy on the first $3,000 in the T-Mobile Money account requires that you have to be a T-Mobile phone customer and also do i think like 10 debit card purchases each month to get it…

That’s why most people mention about forgetting about the 3k 4% and just get 1% on all balances which is what everyone gets without doing anything…

T-Mobile Money has no direct deposit requirements…

2 Likes

Ken this morning featuring an NPCD yielding 0.70% APY. This account is, of course, FDIC insured. Ken does not mention a cap. There is the customary 7 day hold and you need $500 to play:

Link to Ken’s NPCD deal

Natch after seven days your funds become liquid. Ken does suggest you have a checking account to facilitate smooth withdrawals.

1 Like

NPCD is not a common acronym. No Penalty Certificate of Deposit

3 Likes

Anyone get Citi email that they signed up for paperless? Worried that my citi account was hacked. It’s one of the few that doesn’t do dual authentication too:)

https://online.citi.com/US/ag/paperless/