Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

I appreciate your post, scripta. Thanks. And I surely hope you’re right about not everyone being familiar with Ken’s site. It’s something I find extremely difficult to believe, but you just might have better insight on this than me. It’s always valuable, it’s an advantage, to learn another person’s perspective. It was kind of you to contribute yours.

There are probably quite a few more people here familiar with DepositAccounts.com than there are with “Ken’s site.” You might want to consider referring to it as DepositAccounts to save newcomers from having to search these forums trying to figure out who Ken is (like I did when I first saw it).

Of course, if Ken is in fact your brother or BFF, calling it Ken’s site may be excusable.

4 Likes

:grinning:

Nope. I’m neither related to Ken nor am I friends with him. I have corresponded with Ken a few times over the many years he has been doing his thing, but nothing personal. Heck, still more years back than that I once corresponded with Mark Cuban. But it was nothing serious, merely a trifle.

I do have one thing in common with Ken, though. But I’ll not say more on that here.:wink:

Ally is sending notifications of bonus amounts.

1 Like

You both love to type a lot? :wink:

9 Likes

No penalty CDs are really very liquid

Vio Bank Online Savings up to 2.35%

CIT Bank Savings Builder is 2.25%

Did you receive the email with the calculated amount? So far I’ve only received an email, about three weeks ago, stating that they will be sending one out.

Funds hit my account between 10/24 and 10/27. I received one email on 11/6 saying that if I added funds, my projected bonus is being calculated. Then on 11/16 I received two emails about 15 minutes apart saying the following:

HonkingGoose, as of 11/5/18, you’re on track to get a bonus of $1,000. To make sure you get the total amount, remember to maintain the funds you deposited through 1/15/19.
Be on the lookout for another note in January with your final bonus amount.

Just as an additional data point, my funds hit my Ally account on 11/1. I later received the same email you received.

My Savings Direct up to 2.4% and Popular Direct up to 2.36%

2 Likes

EBSB High Yield Savings back at the same rate as 2 months ago - 2.5%

https://www.ebsbdirect.com/high-yield-savings-account

1 Like

Anyone know if that high rate is guaranteed for a while, like maybe for a year as other banks have done?

Cause if they lower the rate it “ain’t hardly” worth the trouble to apply and move your dough in and then have to move it right back out within a month or two.

Also, you can’t add beneficiaries…it’s probably going to be a money market mutual fund with SIPC coverage…Additionally, you have to open a Robinhood Brokerage account, although you are not required to use it…

why do you keep posting and then deleting your posts?

2 Likes

New offering: Bay State Savings Bank Money Market 2.35%

https://www.baystatesavingsbank.com/assets/1544562401-SmileWorcesterCountyDec20186.pdf

1 Like

Virtual Bank has increased the APY on their eMoney Market account to 2.36%. You must keep at least $100 on deposit at all times or face a fee each month.

1 Like

Other increases:

CIBC 2.16 increased to 2.39
Amex 2.00 increased to 2.10

1 Like

Life is more pleasant when stuff works out well.

Personal anecdote

Months ago I tried to open liquid money account at Virtual Bank. Had all sorts of problems getting things going. First, I was trying to put the large opening deposit on a credit card. Second, they put me through ChexSystems and promptly rejected my application based on what they learned there. They even sent me a formal “we don’t wantcha” kiss off letter. I figured : I’m toast.

But after passage of some time my card was charged and my account was opened regardless the above. So what did I do? I shut up and laid low, not wanting to remind them what a scoundrel I am.

More time passed. I finally pulled out the CC money having made my dough via a nice reward. Interest rates ascended and the interest rate at Virtual did not. I cleaned the account out completely except for the $100. Things thereafter were quiescent for a long time. I was waiting. They were doing nothing. But my account remained open.

Then suddenly this week Virtual Bank finally comes to life and yesterday I ACHed a bundle of dough down there to garner the new 2.36% APY.

Virtual Bank is a good bank. It has an A+ rating on Ken’s website. Am happy camper.