Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Thanks. I asked about it in their contact form was was told they are adding ach transfer to their site sometime around July or at least that’s the plan. I can do it from the ally side so not an issue…

1 Like

You are most welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Interesting…so when you contacted them they mentioned about adding ACH transfer in July…That would be really good…It is quite possible that the particular person i e-mailed with might not have been aware of it…I had asked if they planned on adding it in the near future but she didn’t actually check with anyone about it, so perhaps what you were told is correct…

I would imagine they must be getting a lot of requests for it, anyway…

Based on my discusssion with her, it’s also fairly easy adding beneficiaries by uploading an online form, and they can be both people and non-profit charities and you can vary the percentages for each, if you wish…so, sounds pretty accommodating…

Perhaps i will go ahead and open with them anyway, and take a chance…Actually, it isn’t really a problem for me to use my other banks to ach push in to them…

I was also considering opening a Checking Account with them as well…as they do provide up to $15 in atm rebates per month…And i found out they use Fiserv Bill Pay (formerly known as Checkfree) which is what banks like Bank of America, and Ally Bank for example, use and is a great bill pay service…And i did like that she mentioned that they plan on staying competitive in the rising rate environment :wink:

Craig, you are really on the ball, getting all this inside info on Northpointe Bank. I appreciate the adding of ach transfers later on. Thanks!

Northpointe’s 2.05% savings rate is tops now & guaranteed for a year. I think it is a worthwhile place for those of us that follow % rates Just trying to stay ahead with our money.

Thanks, Patty…It does seem like they have a very nice set up over there and the savings rate is tops…and even the checking account is appealing to me because of the atm rebates and the excellent bill pay service they use…

It’s a bit “up in the air” as far as whether or not they will offer their own transfer system but of course it’s always possible that even if they do, the limits won’t be what we are hoping for…Still, you can always push in the money, so not a major problem…And i love the rate (and guaranteed too) :slightly_smiling_face:

I have most of my money over at AMEX Savings and my Schwab Brokerage (in treasuries and high yielding Money Market Fund) but they have high transfer amount capabilties and both are fast on transfers…Of course, i will move available cash over to Northpointe…Will open this weekend and it should get processed right after the holiday… :wink:

I opened with the Online Application…very smooth and easy…Funded the Savings and Checking with $100 each from a debit card…I hope the Online Banking is as nice as their web page and application is…
Now, just have to wait until Tuesday for them to work on the application…The e-mail response said they were “thrilled to have me” :grinning:

craig, be sure you have sent a copy of Driver’s License. (or passport photo)

The online app, $100 deposit, copy of DL. With that you should be good to go. Give them a call Tues am to see if they have everything needed. If so they will e-mail account # immediately, & you can begin your ach transfer. (small deposits)

Thanks Patty! I did upload a photo of my driver’s license, right on the application, and the $200 ($100 per account) has already been charged to my Chase debit card…I’ll call them Tues morning as you suggested! That would speed things up a lot, if i could get the account number right away and do the trial deposits from my AMEX and Schwab accounts…Going to be moving in most of my AMEX cash as soon as possible…
I’m getting 1.60% over there, but 2.05% is even nicer :wink:

Beneficiary forms i will do after the accounts get set up…Should be nice! I assume you’re in the online banking at this point…was wondering how it is??? (good i hope…lol)…

is the credit card funding a purchase (not a cash advance?)

there is alot of discussion on depositaccounts on whether this is a "blended rate"
If you have over $25000, do you earn 2.05% on the amount under $25000?

purchase or cash advance?

states
Household Limit: One per household
but northpointe phone rep regina told me there was not 1/hh

Yes before I would consider moving over from Popular 2%, I would need to know that having a balance over $25,000 triggers the entire account balance to be paid at 2.05% and not a blended rate. With how it’s written on the website with the tiers you can reasonably interpret either way. Has anyone directly asked?

The $25,000 triggers the entire balance to get the 2.05% apy according to a post i read on deposit accounts.com by a representative from Northpointe who was monitoring the comments there…he specifically stated it is NOT a blended rate…conversely, if you were to go over the max allowed at the 2.05% rate (which is over 1 million 100 thousand) the rate on the ENTIRE balance would drop to the lower tier…

That is also mentioned on the doctor of credit link zjts provided above…if you still have doubt, then i would suggest you call them tuesday morning to verify…

1 Like

In fact, here is his post:
This is not a blended rate offer. The amount on deposit earns the rate disclosed for that tier on the entire amount on deposit. For example, if $500k is on deposit, the full balance earns 2.05% APY.

If this was a blended rate (it is not), blended rates are required to be disclosed as a range, such as “on Balances $25,000 - $999,999, APY = 1.96% - 1.12%” since the APY earned can vary based on the actual balance.

Thank you,

Bill C, Northpointe Bank

2 Likes

Purchase. Category: Services

2 Likes

Notice posted at the Popular Direct website:

For Your Protection: Security Update ×

As of March 15th, 2018, a 60-day account authorization hold may be placed on all new accounts, starting the date the account was opened. Your account will continue to earn interest during this time.

If you need access to your funds sooner, please call our Care Center at 1.800.274.5696.

So you want me to explain that?

Sorry, I have no clue whatsoever. I have done a whole lot of banking over the years. Never before ran into anything of that sort; totally off the wall.

I have funds in Popular Direct.

I opened the acct in March, but I don’t need the money yet. The 2% rate is good but makes me wonder what’s going on?

Off that topic, but i was just curious, Patty…i assume you are in the online banking now with Northpointe…Was just wondering how it is? Their website and application is really great, is the Online Banking as nice?

Thank you Craig!

They’re on the secureinternetbank platform similar to many banks that use ibanking as the platform. Unfortunately our information is less secure when banks use these platforms than when they have their own systems but I digress. Anyway here’s their demo video which lets you see what the online banking looks like.

go to this and then click on accounts and then overview on the left hand side - Online Education Center || Northpointe Bank

You’re welcome zzz! And thank you for posting the demo link…
Very Nice! I once had a bank that used that interface and liked it very much…:slightly_smiling_face: