Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Yes. Direct is their internet presence.

glitch99, we appear to have serious disagreement on this, and as regards several aspects as well. You are entitled to your opinion and to your approach to this matter. I will follow my own instincts and my own course. Others will decide for themselves.

I wish you well…

Is the routing # for Northpointe the same for wire as ACH transfers?
routing number is 072413926

schedule of fees shows free wires in, so I am assuming this hold true

All Set Up with Northpointe Bank! Applied over weekend and approved this afternoon…got e-mail with account #s, route #…Registered for Online Banking and Mobile Banking too…and initiated trial deposits from my external banks to them…They work fast and respond to e-mails fairly quickly too…

In my case, i applied for both Checking and Savings as i am going to use the Checking for my day to day activities…Neat Set Up! :slightly_smiling_face:

craig: Haven’t you already set the record for most banks and credit unions in a year? What’s it up to now? A dozen? Two dozen?

3 Likes

I settled in with Chase for my local bank…amex savings and schwab brokerage and banking…That is all i have now…However, after lots of research, i realized how good the set up is with Northpointe (and not to mention the great savings rate, too) so have added it to the mix…it was just too good to pass up… :wink:

…until next month…

3 Likes

Nah…:slightly_smiling_face:

did anyone wire funds to northpointe?

Is the routing # for Northpointe the same for wire as ACH transfers?

routing number is 072413926

schedule of fees shows free wires in, so I am assuming this hold true

Yes zjts, same routing number for ach transfers. Set up your small deposits & you’re ready to go with ach transfers.

There’s one downside – Chase has the best new account promotions all the time. Of course so do Citi and USBank, and I really can’t stand BofA or Wells Fargo, but for $300/yr I just might.

I am reluctantly still with Wells Fargo for some things. My primary checking/bill pay is done with an internet bank but occasionally it’s useful to be able to deposit a check locally if it’s larger than the “scan check app” will accept for example. I have them managing a stock portfolio for me and the person doing it is good at their job so I’ve left that alone for now. (If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it)

Ally has become my “gateway” of getting funds from one place to another and personal capital is the only way I’m keeping up with all these accounts although they STILL don’t have agfed. Everyone needs to sign up at personal capital and demand agfed be added! :wink:

At the same time as Wells fargo I have Wisebanyan managing another portfolio (of no load ETF’s from Vanguard, Schwab etc) via it’s roboadvisor that does almost daily rebalancing of the percentages I want. It’s also done well and I have the feature to do tax harvesting enabled since it’s all automated (Robo-Advisor Tax-Loss Harvesting)…wisebanyan’s service is free unlike others but there are fee’s for optional packages like the tax harvesting ($16 a month for me) but as long as it’s giving you realized savings above it’s cost it’s well worth it. For example it tells me it’s harvested $1,637.35 in losses so far this year which has an estimated real value of $605.82 in savings…well above the $192 in cost. (the fee can go lower depending on how many people you refer to them…I just didn’t have anyone to refer)

Hmm sorry…I ran on with this longer than planned.

Purepoint just raised their rate from 1.75 to 1.90 (table updated).

That’s the second time recently that I made a relatively big transfer and the rate was raised the same or following day. I moved it to Northpointe, which is still .15% higher, so no big deal.

3 Likes

Funny you should mention that, i had just switched from BofA to Chase and part of the incentive was they offered a $350 Bonus for opening a Checking and Savings! :wink:

However, i think i will settle in with them as the local since it is always good to have a “bricks and mortar” bank near you in case you should need some of the local bank services… :slightly_smiling_face:

I was actually using my Schwab Investor Checking for doing my day to day stuff (bill pays, writing checks, free atms, etc) But when i saw that Northpointe offered a pretty neat checking account along with the super high rates savings, it looked like an Ideal combo to use…

This may be regional, but it has been $500 in my area for the past 2+ years.

1 Like

Excellent catch. I only just noticed this myself this morning and came over here to post, but you beat me to it. Thanks

I am slow with the sorts of transfers you mentioned and have a bundle remaining at PurePoint. This new rate, while still a bit shy of the leaders, will cause me to leave at PurePoint more money than I earlier had intended to leave there. Reason?

It’s the PurePoint service, both their “instant interest” feature and funds availability.

Thx, but I am wiring in funds and wanted to be sure the aba routing number for wires is 072413926 for wires

I got a Wells account after the fiasco, when they were offering $250 to get a new checking account. I actually like it quite a bit - they are a short 7 min walk from my place, and the ATMs are good for depositing Western Union and MoneyGram money orders and checks alike.

I did the same. 100 on barclays cash forward as a purchase to open ; account # received by email 5-29, wired money out of CIT 5-30 (out before the same day cutoff time) but I still have 0 funds at northpointe

Did your wired funds post the same day they were wired?

Yes, the funds posted to Northpointe the same day they were wired.