Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

according to my Bradley acct…I have over 1500 in SS DD and use the CC for 100.00 in 1 category each month. getting 3%now. But rates as of 10/ 1 seem to be 1% with the tier boost. very confusing. CS is no help.If this is true, I bail out all my funds and cancel CC. Over 1% with no hoops in a bunch of places. 1 problem, it takes SS 2 months to change DD,

1 Like

barrytuneup,
For HMBradley, you need to keep this page refreshed as I think it changes often enough. Currently the 3% “Offer expires 09/30/2022”. Before I believe it was 6/30 which is why I closed out my account. It is still listed as “Savings Tier Boost Promotion” so I assume it will really go away at some point. I gave up on this uncertainty.

2 Likes

Ally NPCD → 1.25%

3 Likes

duplicate removed

TAB https://www.tabbank.com/high-yield-savings/ is 1.68%
Barclays https://www.banking.barclaysus.com/online-savings.html is 1.40%

No experience with either, just wandering around deposit accounts and wondering about the future of rates. Not that far from the Fed meeting but feels like time slows down when I am waiting…

I’ve had the Barclays Savings account for many years. Sometimes it has the highest rate of all of my liquid accounts. The website is nice and easy. Only downside is limit of 3 external linked accounts (for ACH pushing and pulling initiated at Barclays).

3 Likes

I would avoid TAB - they pulled the rug out from folks on their Kasasa account a couple years ago. I don’t think they would drop rates now, but I also don’t think they will be a long term rate leader.

Barclays is fine, I agree with Scripta.

3 Likes

Capital One 360 Performance Savings 1.00% → 1.20%.

The big boys are trying to play catch-up.

Interesting account from Ivy - “Indexed Savings” discussed here:
https://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/ivy-bank.html#promo48457

Should yield 1.98% starting August 1st while being adjusted monthly.

The Vanguard Federal MM takes a while to catch up to the rates too Vanguard Mutual Fund Profile | Vanguard

So with this you get to avoid chasing rates with a liquid account account bank but you also are missing out of the advantages of getting state tax avoidance available by investing in Federal debt.

But as this is the liquid account thread, it truly does belong here :slight_smile:

Details:

Rates effective as of 7/1/22. Minimum opening deposit of $2,500. The minimum balance to obtain the 1.22% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is $2,500.00. If your balance is between $10 - $2,499.99, the interest rate is 0.05% and the APY is 0.05%. The maximum account balance to receive the 1.22% APY is $1,000,000. This is a variable rate account and rates may change after account is opened. Tier 1 - For daily balances of $2,499.99 or less, the interest rate will be 0.05% with an APY of 0.05%. Tier 2 - For daily balances of $2,500.00 or greater, the interest rate is determined by the 1 Month Treasury Yield as published by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Daily Treasury Yield Curve Rates on the 15th day of each calendar month. If the 15th of the calendar month is on a Saturday, Sunday or Federal Holiday, the rate for this account is determined by the 1 Month Treasury Yield as published by the U.S. Department of the Treasury Treasury’s Daily Treasury Yield Curve Rates on the first day after the 15th of the month. That published rate (which may be rounded to the nearest one-hundredth of one percentage point) is then applied to the Indexed Savings Account for the entire following calendar month. For example, when an account is opened in the month of June the rate in effect on the account will have been determined by the Daily Treasury Yield Curve Rate in effect on May 15th and that rate will be in effect for the entire month of June. The interest rate for the Indexed Savings Account will never go below 0.05%. Visit the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Resource Center for information on Daily Treasury Yield Curve Rates. Fees may reduce earnings.

I might be interested but they aren’t interested in me:

Applicants who are California residents are not eligible for an Ivy Bank account.

2 Likes

Well that takes of that! California folks need not apply.

I’m not interested in a liquid account that has a maximum amount of $$’s before opening.

CIBC has another increase in less than a week’s time - now up to 1.66%: Bank when, where and how you want online with CIBC Agility Digital Banking

1 Like

Bask is now 2.02%

6 Likes

A few other rate increases today: Credit Union and Bank Promotions

At 2.05% I believe we have a new rate leader - does require a min of $1,000

https://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/cfg-community-bank.html#promo48525

All America is up to 1.75%
(no min, $50,000 max)
https://allamerica.bank/

10 days later and it is a repeat, another 10 today…
Discover goes up 10 basis points:
Discover AAII to 1.35% AAII
Discover (normal) to 1.30% Online Savings Account | High-Yield Savings Account | Discover

Alliant falling more behind…

6 Likes

Sofi is at 1.8% for accounts with qualifying direct deposit.

Chasing rates is starting to feel futile right now.

4 Likes

Lending Club Bank 2.07%

4 Likes

Was going to post about Lending Club also.

A caution was raised here (might matter for some and not others):

https://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/lendingclub-bank-national-association.html#promo48583
about a past FTC action on this bank

The Federal Trade Commission is returning more than $10 million to consumers who were charged undisclosed fees by online lender LendingClub Corporation. The FTC is distributing refunds directly to more than 15,000 LendingClub customers and encouraging additional LendingClub customers to apply for refunds.

The FTC sued LendingClub in April 2018, charging that the company falsely promised loan applicants that they would receive a specific loan amount with “no hidden fees,” when in reality the company deducted hundreds or even thousands of dollars in hidden up-front fees from the loans. The FTC also alleged that LendingClub told consumers they were approved for loans when they were not and took money from consumers’ bank accounts without authorization.

3 Likes

BrioDirect 2.15%

3 Likes

Ally Bank OSA rate has been increased to 1.40% APY.

4 Likes

Reposting the above as a reminder. The 4-week T-Bill crossed the 2% mark last week, 2.17% now.

6 Likes

Marcus: Savings 1.50%, NPCD 1.55%

2 Likes