Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

[quote=“zjts, post:405, topic:2349, full:true”]

Two withdrawals. NBD does NOT combine them.

You might be better off pushing the money in because the ACH limit at NBD is $5k a day. There is also a limit per month.

I’ll assume you are referring to me as I recently talked about Ally’s ACH limits.

Some of us are retired and are moving our retirement funds(or parts thereof) to get the best interest rate so we can live off of it. If you move that SAME amount multiple times because better interest rates become available and you always pass through ALLY then you’ll hit up against limits that are way over the amount involved. You need to get over yourself.

As far as contributing to the thread counting the post I’m replying to you’ve made a whopping 2 posts with the first being 1 rate change notification and table update and you’re casting stones?

Alliant is 1.7% now

3 Likes

Does this have a 30 day holding limitation like other Fidelity no loads? I read as much as I could find on Fidelity’s site, it doesn’t seem like it does.

Ally makes the process really simple to do outgoing wires. They do charge a fee ($20) for outgoing however incoming is free. It’s a simple online form you fill out and submit. They call to verify the info and it’s done. The process with other banks has been more tedious including having to fax paper forms.

When wiring or setting up ACH for Agriculture FCU specify your member number with no suffix as the account #. The money will automatically go into your savings. It can then be pulled into the no penalty cd they are offering by the bank. My ach validation kept failing because I was trying to add -0001 or -S01 to the end of the account number.

I don’t believe so.

1 Like

He’s also referring to the ACH talk in a thread about interest rates. It belongs in a thread about ACH transfers.

Is Vanguard’s money market fund (now at 2.04%) SIPC insured ($500k limit if insurance is applicable?)

It’s insured as part of your investment account. What isnt insured is that the fund will maintain a $1 value. “Breaking the buck” is rare, but a risk none-the-less.

5 Likes

Customer’s Bank Ascent MM up to 2.03%

Salem Five Direct eOne Savings up to 2.05%

1 Like

Updated wiki for salem5.

Never heard of Customers Bank, have they been around a while? What’s the likelihood of the rate staying where it is if they suddenly become more popular?

Got an email from CIT saying they’ve raised my MMA rate to 1.85%. Exactly what it’s been for the past 3 months. Not really sure what to think of that marketing tactic.

I haven’t heard of them either. They’ve offered this checking account since at least February and it’s still available - similar to a Rewards checking but pays 2% on balances with $500 monthly spend on debit card - so perhaps that’s a good sign.

https://www.customersbank.com/bonuschecking/

Requesting your input, please:

I’m piling a lot of my liquid funds into NBD (Northern Bank) for obvious reasons (2.26% APY) and because the AgFed deal died a mean and ugly death yesterday.

One wrinkle:

I’ve not needed, yet, to withdraw funds from NBD. But I will, and I will draw down NBD before I close any of my no-penalty CDs at AgFed which carry a higher interest rate. So the question:

Have you as yet needed to ACH significant funds out of NBD? If so, were there any problems?

FWIW I can offer my own data point regarding withdrawals:

I am currently withdrawing, via ACH, chunks of money from Northpointe with zero trouble or hassle.

Please move this discussion into a new thread. Feel free to post a link to the thread.

2 Likes

I did not know it had closed.
So for future reference on how long agfed deals last it was open for a week or thereabout? Opened on the 28th and closed on the 6th? Is that correct?

It varies. But this was a VERY tough situation owing to the July 4 holiday.

Your safest bet with AgFed is to mail a check the moment you learn about a new deal. I was too lazy to do that, opting instead for incremental ACH out of Alliant. When my final ACH arrived early Friday, apparently the deal already had evaporated though I was unaware. But, lucky for me, they accepted the money regardless. Warning flags were flying that the AgFed opportunity would be gone quickly. I thought the deal would last a bit longer and I was 100% wrong.

Anyway, only option remaining now for liquid funds is NBD. And that is where mine are headed. Just hope I can get the money out pronto should need arise.

shinibi…Like u I just withdrew funds from Northpointe savings 2.05%. I left a measly $1 in the acct, hope no penalty fee arises. I have taken funds out of AgFed but last year they offered a pretty nice rate for me to leave my remaining money in AgFed. So it will stay there. (for now) I also have the Northern Bank savings.

So what’s the deal going on now with all these short term CD’s popping up on Ken’s site? 9 Mo 2.75% or 15 Mo 2.80% opposite Northern Bank savings 2.26%??

Data point albeit on a very small amount($10,000) - using Alliant with no issue.

1 Like

Nevertheless a real help. Thank you so much for posting. I appreciate it very much.

1 Like