Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Live Oak Bank up to 1.6%

I still think ableBanking’s Money Market Savings is Rate Leader (1.70% APY).
$250 minimum opening deposit requirement.

1 Like

All of this was already reflected in the wiki.

SFGI Now up to: 1.51%

1 Like

It is most assuredly not the highest rate. And the minimum of $10k totally stinks.

But I continue to content myself with PurePoint . . . . . for now. It’s because I have them all set up, I guess, and definitely because I have found PurePoint service to be very good and 100% hassle free.

PurePoint could significantly improve its offering by dropping that $10k down to $5k or even less. But that is only JMHO.

@shinobi at least the one positive with PurePoint is that you can keep the account open with no fees with a balance greater than zero. That way if something better comes along, everything could be transferred out except a penny and your PurePoint account would still remain open and ready to go should they again be the rate leader.

You’re right!! The idea that u can keep just a minimum amount in PurePoint to keep the account open is good… Who knows, PurePoint might raise that 1.60% rate up a bit, but the fact u must have a min $10K is “still a pain.”

So try ableBanking MM Savings, “you might like it”, & only requires min $250 to open & 1.70% rate. Quick & easy opening & very nice Reps to help if needed.

Ally Bank online savings is up to 1.45% now.

2 Likes

Does anyone care if I update the shared post to use markdown tables instead of html so it is easier to update?

I will get to it sometime Sat unless someone wants to beat me to it.

The markdown that you linked is not enabled on this site, at least not last time I tried. The faked markdown tables (using the “>” sign) neither looked good nor scaled down properly for mobile devices. I waited for HTML tables before creating this thread. Feel free to give it a try in your own post and wait for feedback before changing the wiki.

Wow, I was just able to copy and paste the table and it pasted it in this format… looks good to me, let me know what you think. This is the actual contents of my post: JustPaste.it - Share Text & Images the Easy Way

2 Likes

Wow, I guess admin enabled the feature. I don’t think anyone will object, since it looks the same.

Except make sure that the links work. Your post doesn’t have the links in either the bank name column or the Th column.

1 Like

Redneck Bank (and related All American Bank) Rewards Checking has been at 2.0% for a while now. (Evantage accounts do not exist any more)

And they’ve posted on their website the MMA accounts are increasing to 1.7%/$50k max starting 2/21.

1 Like

Updated the wiki post with new table format. Please fix anything I might have missed.

2 Likes

FNBO up to 1.60% now.

3 Likes

And, Discover OSA up to 1.50% now. Updated table.

1 Like

DollarSavingsDirect Savings Account up to 1.80% APY on all balances, no minimum opening deposit requirement.

1 Like

Great news…that will teach me since I just moved a significant amount of money out of DSD’s 1.60% to Able Banking’s 1.70%. Now I’m moving it back for the 1.80% (yes it’s enough that the .10% does make it worth the hassle)

YES, Good news… Like others I moved Liquid Savings over to Able Banking’s 1.70%. But think I will leave it there for now. .10% is inviting but who knows how soon we may see 2%.

While I too think 2% is in sight I see no reason not to move the money since it’s savings…there’s no penalty and if you are moving the FDIC limit of 250K that’s an extra $250 a year. Sure you wont get rich from it but it’s simple enough to transfer from able to ally and ally to dollarsavingsdirect (in my particular case) although it may take a week.

When 2% does come along it may be the no penalty ALLY cd paying 1.75% that gets moved because some of this money is gonna be used the next time the market takes a hard hit across the board like it recently did.