Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

My Savings Direct has jumped their rate up to 2.35% APY:

Link to 2.35% APY deal

Ken now is featuring the My Savings Direct 2.35% liquid money deal (see one post up thread) front and center on his blog, with his usual fine full writeup. It’s Emigrant Bank! Who knew? Well, anyway, I didn’t know. But in light of that, this deal clearly is the “real deal”.

“Emigrant Bank has a regular history of introducing “America’s Highest Rate” to attract customers, only to decrease the rate later.”

“Emigrant’s internet-only savings brands include…DollarSavingsDirect, MySavingsDirect and EmigrantDirect.”

https://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/reviews/emigrant-bank727650079

3 Likes

Ally Bank Online Savings now at 2.0% apy…

4 Likes

Yes way. In your face plus .05%.

I assume that will eventually reflect on existing accounts. It does not yet on mine.

ally

Absolutely…usually takes about 24 hrs though… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Works for me! I have $100k in that account. =D

Me too!

I had it bookmarked, but it was never that good in the past so I haven’t visited it in a long time and I didn’t know his name. I just figured it out from some other mentions. You’re writing as if we’re all intimately familiar with the subject – I suspect very few of us are. Additionally, it may be featured on the front page now, but it won’t be there in a few days. Not everyone reads everything you post the same day.

1 Like

I appreciate your post, scripta. Thanks. And I surely hope you’re right about not everyone being familiar with Ken’s site. It’s something I find extremely difficult to believe, but you just might have better insight on this than me. It’s always valuable, it’s an advantage, to learn another person’s perspective. It was kind of you to contribute yours.

There are probably quite a few more people here familiar with DepositAccounts.com than there are with “Ken’s site.” You might want to consider referring to it as DepositAccounts to save newcomers from having to search these forums trying to figure out who Ken is (like I did when I first saw it).

Of course, if Ken is in fact your brother or BFF, calling it Ken’s site may be excusable.

4 Likes

:grinning:

Nope. I’m neither related to Ken nor am I friends with him. I have corresponded with Ken a few times over the many years he has been doing his thing, but nothing personal. Heck, still more years back than that I once corresponded with Mark Cuban. But it was nothing serious, merely a trifle.

I do have one thing in common with Ken, though. But I’ll not say more on that here.:wink:

Ally is sending notifications of bonus amounts.

1 Like

You both love to type a lot? :wink:

9 Likes

No penalty CDs are really very liquid

Vio Bank Online Savings up to 2.35%

CIT Bank Savings Builder is 2.25%

Did you receive the email with the calculated amount? So far I’ve only received an email, about three weeks ago, stating that they will be sending one out.

Funds hit my account between 10/24 and 10/27. I received one email on 11/6 saying that if I added funds, my projected bonus is being calculated. Then on 11/16 I received two emails about 15 minutes apart saying the following:

HonkingGoose, as of 11/5/18, you’re on track to get a bonus of $1,000. To make sure you get the total amount, remember to maintain the funds you deposited through 1/15/19.
Be on the lookout for another note in January with your final bonus amount.