Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

That figures. I just pushed all my money out of DSD yesterday. My plan was to I fill up my Redneck to the new max and put the rest into Purepoint, which had recently matched DSD.

I just find DSD annoying. You have to use their system for transfers, can only connect checking accounts and can only have one account linked for the first 60 days before you can add a second one. It also requires a code whenever I update my accounts with Fidelity Fullview (also true for Purepoint).

I’ll agree that DSD is VERY annoying. I have to get a 6 digit code sent to email EVERY SINGLE TIME I log in to get my account info from my pc. I’ve even disabled my ad blocker(ublock) in the hope of making it work with no luck. Their transfers also seem to take longer then most other banks but the simple fact is they tend to pay a higher rate than others to offset that…if you treat it like a no penalty cd I supposed it’s about the same amount of trouble…you’d have to close out the cd on the banks site before moving the funds so comparable amount of steps.

That’s usually a cookie. If you have some kind of cookie blocker or remove cookies automatically, that’ll do it. I use CookieKeeper extension for Firefox (<57) to selectively save cookies and delete the rest (but I haven’t had a DSD account for many years, things may have changed since then).

Many people have the special AAI Discover account to get the bonus and that is paying 1.55%.

1 Like

Please give more information on the “AAI discover account” as a google for “AAI Discover” comes back with nothing. Not happy with discover in general as they are about to cut a bunch of features from their card which will have me using the card much less. I used the extended warranty feature whether I filed a claim or not.

“Effective February 28,2018, we will discontinue Extended Product Warranty, Purchase Protection and Return Guarantee due to low usage among cardmembers.”

Switch the words around and enable search suggestions.

1 Like

Synchrony Bank is now @ 1.55%

https://aaii.discoverbank.com/aaii/index.html

There was a $200 sign up bonus last year. You might make yourself ineligible if you’ve ever had this variety of discover savings so you might want to wait.

Isn’t DollarSavingsDirect just temporary teaser rates? These things always dump way lower after a while.

Emigrant played these games with a few “online divisions”, but DSD was at or near the top for over 2 years around 2009-2011 as rates were dropping. And they seem to be at or near the top again for a few months now while the rates are rising.

SalemFive Direct up to 1.85%!!!

1 Like

Where is the $3 ACH fee mentioned in the summary? I didn’t see it on their fee schedule.

The fee is for using their ACH system. It isnt an account fee.

I’m not clear what your mean. The ACH system is not “their’s,” it’s a national system. Where does Salem mention a $3 fee for using it? I was never charged a fee with them before.

Sorry, “service”, not “system”. They charge $3 to use their ACH service to submit requests to the ACH system. The cost is mentioned while entering a transfer request. I’m pretty sure they only charge for outbound transfer requests, not incoming.

It isnt an account fee, charged by your account for a posted transaction (like a foreign ATM fee). Thus it isnt listed in the account fee disclosures. You can push and pull using third party (ie, other banks’) ACH services for no fee.

1 Like

OK but I used them yesterday to pull money from an external account and there was no mention of a charge on the transfer request.

I was denied an account with them - I think because I have my credit locked with the bureaus and they do a hard pull as part of opening. Oh well - not worth a hard pull to me.

CIT Money Market Account 1.75%

For current CIT customers getting 1.55 from their HYS account, is there any reason not to move it all over to the MM fund? Still FDIC insured. Still 6 withdrawal limits per month. But oh wait … MM funds are not guaranteed to maintain their $1 valuation, are they? And it has happened that $1 became less than that in a MM.