Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

I just got a rude awakening!!

My EBSB account changed from 2.50% to 2.02%. I’m taking funds out immediately.
But, my Northern Bank savings is still showing 2.50%. I don’t have many $'s there right now.

Grow FFCU savings will be paying 2.75% for the rest of the year. So that account will get most liquid funds

Pays to check all accounts regularly!!

How did you find this? My EBSB account shows the same 2.47% rate in the only place I can find a rate listed.

My account used to say 2.5%, I did withdraw some of the money. Today the rate shows 2.02%.

When did you first open it? I think I was a little later to this party, maybe there’s an unstated rate lock that ran out for you first? Otherwise I’m confused why you rate would change but mine wouldnt? Or am I missing something?

Mine also continues to say 2.47/2.50. This is how it shows up for me on my account page:

Interest rate: 2.47%
Last statement APY earned: 2.50%

How long was your money in ebsb from opening to now?

Pretty sure I got into EBSB right when it went to 2.5% and mine still shows 2.47% with 2.5% APY.

Yeah, I looked back in this thread, and I actually got my account opened before patty.

@pattyb53 What balance do you have in your account right now and what was it before your last withdrawal? I don’t remember what the balance tiers were on the account when I opened it for the 2.5% rate but the current account for new customers(which only pays 1.8%) lists the following tiers(maybe there were similar tiers on the account when we all opened?):

No interest will be paid on balances less than $10, balances $10 to less than $10,000 earns 0.50% APY, balances $10,000 to less than $2 million earns 1.80% APY and balances $2 million and over earns 0.80% APY.

I think I had around $40K before I withdrew money last. I decided to go with Grow 2.75%. I now have around $2K left in EBSB. Maybe the lower balance caused the change to 2.02%.

EBSB was great while it lasted. I remember when they lowered their rate earlier & mine stayed at 2.5%.

Anyway it’s time for me to move on!!

I don’t recall if the 2.5% required you have 25K or not but if so that would have resulted in the drop.

I have mine down to just over 10k as I’m doing bonuses at a number of other banks simultaneously so 25k isn’t the magic number, maybe 10k or 5k. @pattyb53 didn’t give a round number as to what her account balance is currently.

If this does end up being the beginning of the end for EBSB 2.5%, there are currently 4 other banks paying 2.5% for those that don’t have Grow’s 2.75% deal. They are Investor’s Bank MM(no min balance requirement), Customer’s Bank HYS(25k min balance requirement), Western State Bank MM(no min balance requirement), Redneck/All America Bank(no min balance requirement but each account has a max of 50k at the 2.5% rate).

I recalled customers bank also having brought back their 2.5% MMA but when I checked the rates on their website I found:

Smart rate shoppers like you want your money in an account that pays a greater yield. Now you can save smarter with the higher-yield Ascent Money Market Savings Account. Open an account today and start earning a minimum rate of 2.25% APY guaranteed thru June 30, 2020. Minimum deposit of $25,000 required to earn the quoted APY.

so I’m not really sure if it is still available or not.

Yes, I said around $2k. So I probably hit the low mark for EBSB.

Aaah missed that; sorry!! Bet the threshold is either under 5k or under 2k then.

Here’s the link for the Customer’s Bank 2.5% account:

It’s “BankPurely,” not “Purely Banking”. $25K min for both. Added to QS.

I think they are related: “©2019 BankPurely®, powered by iGObanking.com®, a division of Flushing Bank®”

1 Like

Is there any guaranteed time frame on the Customer’s Bank 2.5% account: ? I am not seeing any…fine print says
Annual Percentage Yield (APY) as of 4/1/2019. This is a variable rate account and the APY and interest rate may change at any time after account is opened. Minimum balance requirement to open and obtain APY on savings account is $25,000. L

No, there’s no guarantee on any of the accounts currently paying 2.5% as far as I know. If I were opening up a new one, I would probably go with Investor’s Bank since they just raised their rate from 2.4% to 2.5% 5 days ago. They held steady at 2.4% for quite some time so that makes me think they will keep the 2.5% steady for at least awhile moving forward but with none of them having guarantees, it’s really just a gamble as far as which one is the best to open. I also like that the Investor’s Bank account doesn’t have a minimum deposit to open the account and earn the interest rate.