Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Can anyone imagine… I had 3 CD’s mature this month & no decent place to replace them. 2 @ Justice & 1 @ Andrews.
So Grow FFCU 2.75% is my holding spot.

@pattyb53 why not do the 3% six month CD?

1 Like

Who has that offer? 3% 6mo CD…

NFCU has 3% six month CD.

1 Like

From Ken’s site:

https://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/vermont-state-employees-cu/offers/

Thanks for the heads up on NFCU CD. Details:

Celebration Special Rate Certificate

We’re celebrating our members with a special rate on our 6-month certificate—but only for a limited time.

Special 6-Month Certificate 3.00% APY4 (Share/IRA/ESA)

• Open with $1,000 or more
  • No limit on deposit amount

Thanks for the heads up!
6mo @ 3% will work out for those funds of mine. I’ll do some movement of money over there tomorrow.

Can more than 1per member be opened of the Navy FCU 3% 6mo CD ?

1 Like

Anyone here use CIT bank? I just opened up a savings account and I can’t seem to find my full account number. Can’t tell if I am being special or their website is special.

Their website is a little peculiar. I just looked around and can’t easily find the account number except the last four digits. I did find them on statements and tax forms (that are also online), but that won’t help you.

Yes, they use the ibanking platform that a number of other smaller or online only banks use. With the ibanking platform, you will not find your account number anywhere on your online account until your first statement populates if you elected online statements. They did give you your account number during the account opening process. Look back at anything you may have printed or saved. If you don’t have it, you’ll have to call to get it.

3 Likes

I have a Grow question and do not know where else to ask it. Do not want to start a Grow thread just for this. Here goes:

I telephoned Grow today to ask about external transfers . . . moving money between Grow and other financial institutions . . . with the transfer initiated at the Grow website.

Was told limit is $10,000/day, which is fine. Was also told the transfer could take as long as three days to complete . . which is not fine.

Does anyone have any actual Grow transfer experience, i.e. with ACH transfers initiated at their website?

OK. Guess not. Hope it might be helpful if I report my little data point:

In the wake of the Grow warning about delays if I initiated a transfer there, I did it the old fashioned way. I initiated the transfer at Alliant, ready to swallow the loss of one day’s interest. That was yesterday.

Was happily surprised this morning, upon checking my Grow MM Promo account, to discover the money from Alliant had been credited the same day I initiated the transfer at Alliant. Hence: no loss of interest! :smile:

Hey, you cannot beat that with a big stick!

Q: Shin, couple of questions. First, was it a lot of money?

Naaa. It was only slightly less than two grand.

Q: OK. And did you direct the funds straightaway into you Grow MM Promo account, or did those funds upon arrival at Grow land in your savings?

The funds were sent, they were directed, straightaway into my Grow MM Promo account. I actually think this worked to my benefit in avoidance of lost interest.

Q: So finally you’re claiming, in essence, same day ACH? You’re saying both the Alliant withdrawal date and the Grom MM Promo deposit date are the same?

Yup. That’s what I’m seeing this morning. Today is May third. Both transactions, at both financial institutions, are clearly dated May second. And they both are depicted as completed . . . as of this moment. Unless Grow changes the date on me, this is a sweet outcome.:grinning:

Yes, shinobi, you were able to move straight to Grow MM Promo.
I wouldn’t be surprised if you are the only one able to move funds that way. I inquired, but was told, “not possible”.

So you see, it makes a huge difference, dependent on the Rep who helps you out when you first open your acct. My agent told me to open a checking acct & ACH funds there. Then move those funds over to the Promo MM account. It takes 1-2 days through Alliant CU.

Call Grow and request to speak with Julio, who is one of their reps. Julio knows ACH. He is the man and he will fix you up. Good luck!!

Oh, sorry. Of course what you need to ask Julio is for him to provide you your “Grow MM Promo account number for ACH purposes”. That is the phrase to use. Once you have that account number you will do your trial deposits and then you will be good to go.

Warning:

While I have direct deposited funds INTO my Grow MM Promo account via ACH, I have never done a direct ACH withdrawal from that account.

Q: So Shin, are you saying direct withdrawal from Grow MM Promo is not possible?

I am saying I do not know. If you try it and it fails, please do not blame me.

NBD (Northern) is extending their rate lock, formerly good only until end of June, to the end of 2019.

@shinobi Where did you get this info from? I didn’t get an email like I did last time they extended.

Somebody over on Ken’s site posted it. That poster had telephoned the bank. Email is anticipated to go out shortly. We shall see.

1 Like

Just a brief heads up for all of you PurePoint OSA mugglers out there. You people know who you are. :wink:

Tomorrow is one of those days!!

Yes indeed tomorrow, Friday 24 May, is the Friday before a three-day holiday. So:

If you have any money lying around and collecting interest elsewhere, money available to be moved to your PurePoint OSA, tomorrow is the day to initiate the ACH transfer at the PurePoint website. You will collect thereby four days of double interest.

Remember: Timing . . . . . . . . . . . is everything. :smile:

2 Likes

@shinobi thanks for the heads up and reminder!