Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

I’ve had their Exclusive savings account for over a year without issues at 2.36%. Too bad they couldn’t bump up the rate to 2.55% instead of having to open a new account but that went smoothly too.

1 Like

PurePoint has again cut their savings interest rate. The new rate is 2.00% which is down from 2.15%.

Sweet of them to do this on a Friday!!

Where’s your love for PurePoint now?

Right down the “turlet”.

Come Monday, I’m gone. Heck, Alliant is now paying more!!!

From Ken’s site:

High-Yield Savings (2.46% APY), 9-month CD (2.30% APY), and 12-month CD (2.60% APY)

https://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/briodirect/offers/

Popular Direct does not do any xfers on Sat and Sun…Thus the slowness I encountered. All is good now…but seems the only way to get money into PopDirect is from outside source. Much trouble trying to set up external acct from their end. So I set up a few ext acct and pushed in to PopDirect.

1 Like

AMEX Personal Savings dropping to 1.9% starting tomorrow. The sky is falling!

2 Likes

A lot of the values are out of date. I updated a few of them. But there are probably more.

4 Likes

Any time gurantee onth sav 2.6?

Does anyone even have liquid funds any longer?

OK, sure, lotsa people probably do. So here is a deal from Ken:

Ken this morning featuring a Sun East deal at 2.2% APY LOCKED for thirteen months. Without the lock I don’t even bother to post the deal here. You need five grand to play. Here is a link to Ken’s writeup:

Sun East 2.2% APY deal for liquid funds

Anyone may join Sun East. Many are already members on account of a Sun East CD deal not too long ago.

Q: You in shin?

Thinking about it, and again ONLY because of the lock. But thirteen months out distances my existing Grow and Northern deals. On the other hand, I have almost no money in those accounts at this point and would really have a problem scratching up five grand right now. So I dunno.

But that lock is quite sweet and could be really valuable in future the way things are going. And I am already a Sun East member . . . . because of that CD.

ETA

Hmmmm. Only one fee-free withdrawal permitted per quarter!!! Are they jokin’ us? I do not like that at all.

3 Likes

You got me on the last line. In other words it almost looks like a 13 mo CD? I like the lock on rate. If something worthwhile comes along & you want the money out you only have 1 chance every 3 months.

Correction: It looks like a 13 month NO PENALTY cd…the bottom line here is if you have to do a withdrawal pull ALL the funds. There have been other no penalty cd’s that worked the same way…not allowing partial withdrawals.

2 Likes

That is excellent thinking and perspective, famewolf. I should have thought of that . . . . but I did not. Thanks much for your valuable input.

Stipulated: Sometimes I do dumb stuff

One such thing was the opening of an account at Virtual Bank. I ended up never using the account much and finally just withdrew all money except for the required hundred bucks. I should have closed the account. I didn’t. Don’t ask.

So there it sat and there it sits today. I just looked at the account for kicks. That sucker, a liquid account, is paying 2.36% APY. That is roughly what it always had paid. They apparently never lowered the rate, and they are still offering that rate to newcomers who have a hundred bucks to invest:

Here is your link to the eMoney Market special

1 Like

Tim Duy has published a forecast which impacts liquid accounts fans. Here is a link to that forecast:

Link to Duy’s forecast for next week

He believes the guillotine blade will descend before the end of summer!

Thanks for this interesting article.

I don’t know, right now I’m adding any profits made in farming to Grow Bonus Savings 2.75%. Who knows how long this will last. (seems like Mar or Apr 2020 was forecast) shinobi, do you remember?

I do not recall. However, here is a link to Ken’s write up of the Grow deal:

Ken’s write up regarding Grow liquid money deal

That write up is dated end of February this year. So it is either one year from (roughly) then, or else one year from the date your personal account actually was opened.

One other unrelated news item regarding Grow:

Grow will send you checks to draw money directly out of your Grow Promo MM account. These are paper checks. They are issued in sheets of three checks. You may purchase as many, or as few, sheets as you wish as often as your wish. The cost for one sheet of checks is $1.00. Shipping is free. So it ends up costing the member 33.33¢ for each check.

I have bought two sheets of checks so far, separated by a month or two (I’m last of the big time spenders :grinning: ). Used up the first three checks when opening new CDs; bought more just to have on hand. They take the $1.00 charge out of your account so it’s no bother. You can just call in, order the checks, and they show up in the mail in less than a week.

Why Grow Promo MM checks?

Because until the check actually is paid your money continues to earn the full 2.75% APY which the Grow Promo MM account pays. That is a LOT better than a checking account somewhere else that might only be paying, say, less than 1% interest while your check is in the mail, or becomes lost, or whatever.

It is well worth the 33¢ for each check in my opinion. And it is wonderful of Grow to make this service available at such low cost and with no charge for shipping. This can be a real money saver should a check, for example, go awry in the mail, or should something else equally frustrating ensue after you mail a check. Your money continues to earn a pretty good rate of interest regardless.

ETA

Probably should mention there is a limit regarding how many of these checks you may write each month. I do not know how many. I only use these when opening new CD accounts, not for day to day stuff. So I am not in danger of overrunning the limit.

This was fun to go back & re-read the Grow info from Ken’s site.

So, I think I opened the acct in Mar. Grow will drop this good rate in about 6 months. Who knows what the rate will be then. :worried: But, thanks for the info on the paper checks, I’ll be checking later.

FNBO Direct just lowered their online savings account to 2.00% APY

1 Like

No penalty CDs become liquid shortly after having been opened.

There is now an updated list of the best NPCDs over on Ken’s website:

Updated list of the best NPCDs

It is quite an extensive write up regarding NPCDs.

1 Like