Best Reward / Cash Back Credit Cards

Just used Samsung Pay with my Chase Freedom at Walmart yesterday and it worked. I used it in a line with a real cashier. Maybe it was just the self checkout lines that were giving me problems. Next time I go, I’ll check and see if mine is working in the self checkout lines now.

1 Like

Another data point that the Ingenico iSC250 readers at Walmart are hit or miss. I no longer think that Walmart has specifically thwarted Samsung Pay, I just think their pos terminals are junk. I went to a different Walmart yesterday and it wouldn’t take my Chase Freedom card via Samsung Pay in a normal checkout line with a cashier.

I do not have the Chase Disnay no annual fee credit card but am interested in applying for the curent $200 statement credit offer. Some people with the no annual fee card received emails with an offer to get a $100 disney card for sharing with a friend. This is discussed on doctor of credit

If some one with this offer wants to share with me, they can get a $100 disney card once I am approved in exchange for a (much small denomination) amazon gc
please pm me

Amex Blue Cash Preferred currently has a $200 welcome bonus after spending $1000 in the first 3 months. The annual fee is $95 so the bonus would pay for two years of fees.

Why is this worth it? 6% back on groceries up to $6000, 3% back on gas and department stores.

There is still also a $250 back offer after $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of Card Membership, but for this one you need a referral from an existing cardholder.

$250 would pay for 2 years and 7 months of fees.

It was a public offer when I applied last November, and still is, at least for my region.

1 Like

Yup, you mentioned this last time. It’s not a public offer on anything I can access, even with private browsing, so I thought I’d mention it again.

Navy Federal cash rewards card has bonus $100 back after $500 spending in 90 days. Regular rewards are 1.5%.

3 Likes

So detailed!!!Thanks!

NFCU Amex More Rewards card has bonus 25,000 points ($250) after $3000 spending in 90 days.

Regular rewards are 3% supermarkets and gas stations, 2% restaurants, 1% everything else.

3 Likes

Best Credit Union Credit Cards of 2018:

(https://www.valuepenguin.com/best-credit-union-credit-cards)

3 Likes

That Blispay card seems to me to offer attractive terms. Investigated.

As a condition for obtaining the card you must have a mobile phone. Anybody have a workaround for this? Would Google Hangouts substitute somehow?

Not clear why they insist on a mobile phone except possibly they want to be able to send cardholders text messages. Or possibly their entire UI is via app, with no computer-accessible website.

I don’t think Hangouts gives you a number. Do you mean Google Voice?

According to the comments here (found by googling “Blispay visa”), it’s just for text verification (I’m guessing 2FA). Comments also have other suggestions.

1 Like

Appreciate the reply. I dunno. I’ve only ever used Google to make long distance calls . . . pretty much all of them that I make. Free is cheap.

I’ve never received telephone calls using Google, though I realize it is possible.

Anyway, I agree with you vis a vis Blispay that text messaging is quite possibly involved. I have no access to that capability unless I pay the exorbitant cost of mobile telephone service. S’not gonna happen!

There are alternatives to Blispay which, at least for me, are actually within reach.

GV can receive texts. You can read them in the app, website, or forward to email (except group texts don’t forward to email).

3 Likes

Also get a free Android phone just use it on wifi.

For check deposits alone it will save you money.

1000 deposit each month is needed for the 2.5% usaa cash back. Otherwise it is 1.5%

$1,000 minimum direct deposit, not multiple deposits that add up to $1,000.

What counts?

Full disclosure: I need credit cards with highest possible across the board rewards.

Already have a few better cards than this, but this seems to me a decent 1.5% card, and there is even a small bonus:

Chase Freedom Unlimited with no annual fee