"Bye Bye" to Shinobi?

So I go on vacation for two weeks and our resident “get off my lawn!” guy is gone?

Was he banned or did he leave on his own volition?

5 Likes

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

I noticed to that he hasn’t been posting and he changed his profile picture to an image of “bye bye”. I didn’t notice anything that would’ve gotten him banned.

3 Likes

I sent him a pm a few days ago to check if he was logging in without anything to say … like that was a possibility. :smile:

Didn’t even notice the picture change. :frowning:

Maybe tagging a resident expert @TravelerMSY might offer some insight.

2 Likes

wow, kinda weird to change his avatar and just peace out like that

1 Like

I agree. It kinda makes me wonder if there’s a health issue or something on his end… he is not exactly a spring chicken. I hope everything is ok.

5 Likes

In the past, I had suspected that Shinobi was posting on depositaccounts.com as “deplorable_1,” and that poster has posted within the last 24 hours, but it was only a suspicion.

Looking at his “Summary” page, his last post was on September 19 and last login on September 21.

1 Like

I’m rather surprised he’d even know how to change his avatar.

Maybe armed FBI agents raided his home in an act of political retribution? :wink:

5 Likes

He hasn’t been banned or anything like that. Says last activity Sep 21.

Hope he’s not ill.

7 Likes

Don’t think that’s him. That person posted yesterday in a thread about MACU and said “I’m snagging the 3.75% 5 yr. and the 4% 18 mo. growth certificates x 2 for the wife.” I don’t believe shinobi was married.

1 Like

Interesting, I always thought he was “Kaight” over on DepositAccounts.

Thanks for the status update, and glad to hear that he’s not been suspended/banned.

Yes, I think that is everyone’s concern. Is there any such thing as a “welfare check” email?

1 Like

I messaged him.

4 Likes

Wondering if Shinobi replied to your message(?)

1 Like

No. I just DM’d him on the site same as anyone. I don’t have his contact info.

He could be on vacation I guess.

1 Like

Thanks.

I’m late but hoping our friend is OK! @shinobi SOS! Let us know you’re out there even if you don’t plan to post much/at all.

2 Likes

Such a huge loss to the forum. Hope he’s doing well and will continue his meaningful and magnanimous contributions in the future. Or at least just pop by and say hello.

5 Likes

How did I miss “Bye Bye :kissing_heart: “??

Yea I was sicker than a dog for a month or so but boy am I behind times. Where, what, when???

One of our best friends on the site. Yes we’re all set for political imbalance and no shinobi :ninja:. COME ON :man: MAN!!

6 Likes