Charvat v. Resort Marketing Group, Inc - class action update

I got an email today with an update. The text is as follows:

A federal court authorized this supplemental e-mail Notice.
It is not a solicitation from a lawyer.

• A Settlement has been reached in the Charvat v. Resort Marketing Group, Inc et al. class action lawsuit. A claim for recovery was submitted to and received by the Settlement Administrator that left this e-mail address as a means of contact.
• The Court has authorized this supplemental e-mail Notice to inform consumers who have filed claims that, to date, over two million claims have been filed seeking to recover from a Settlement Fund expected to total $12.5 million.
• Due to the large number of claims, the individual recovery per consumer will be a pro rata share of the Settlement Fund. The exact per consumer recovery is still unknown, but it is expected to amount to several dollars per Class Member.
• Settlement Class Members interested in considering their options under these circumstances should visit www.RMGTCPASettlement.com and review the “Frequently Asked Questions” document that details the rights of Class Members.
• Consumers have until November 3, 2017 to file a claim, to opt out of the Settlement or to object to the Settlement.

1 Like

Although it looks like the settlement will get minimal dollars to the victims, I was initially pretty ticked off that my number wasn’t considered valid. I got that damned foghorn on my voicemail so many times that I almost blew a gasket … never could figure out a way to laugh at it, at least not after the 40th or 50th time.

Update: Received settlement check today for $42.35

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I have the settlements mixed up. It was pointed out to me at another site that this isn’t the Charvat settlement, although I kept the original postcard and it does have Charvat mentioned on it. Apologies if I mixed them up.

Update from the website

October 31, 2018 Update

• The Court held a final approval hearing on October 30, 2018, in Chicago, and is considering approval of the settlement. The Court may rule by mid-December. Please continue to check the website for updates.
3 Likes

Update from website

July 1, 2020 Update

• The Settlement payments are estimated to be mailed around August 7, 2020
2 Likes

I got my settlement check for $16.68 in today’s mail. Not a false alarm this time. The stub references Charvat v. Resort Marketing Group, Inc.

2 Likes

Congrats! Now you can go buy your own foghorn. :wink:

Got $8.34 today.

1 Like

Got my check on Aug. 13 for $8.34. @gwraigty how did you get double the base amount? Did you have two eligible phone numbers?

No, I had one eligible phone number. I don’t know why I got the amount I did.

$8.34 one line