Chase App Offers ~10% cash back at major merchants

Download the Chase mobile app (this is different from Chase Pay). Login and select one of your cards. Scroll down and you’ll see a section of cash back offers. The offers are different for each card,

Some examples:
10-30% Back at Panera (up to $2 back)
10% Back at Walgreens (up to $5 back)
10% Back at Staples, Max $6
30% Back At Dick’s Sporting Goods (Up To $34 Back)
10% Back at Office Depot/Max (up to $10 Discount)
10% Back At Lowe’s (up to $12 back)
10-30% Back At PetSmart ($20 Maximum)

3 Likes

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

Does it show exclusions? Any idea if it works with buying gift cards maybe?

Some of the offers explicitly exclude gift cards and some don’t. Today, I made a test purchase of a gift card at a merchant where they are supposed to be excluded. The charge hasn’t posted to my card yet, so I don’t have anything to report at the moment.

2 Likes

Update: I just got 10% back on a GC purchase at Walgreens despite the terms specifically excluding GCs.

1 Like

First impression of Chase Offers is a bit underwhelming. The offers are okay, though I suspect most of them are subsidized by Chase to build a base of interested customers (hence small limits at popular merchants). A Starbucks reload was credited quickly.

Another purchase, a hotel stay, did not get credit. I messaged Chase expecting the issue to be quickly rectified, particularly since it was on a premium card (CSR). It took far too many messages for it to be resolved. First they told me that I did indeed earn UR points for the transaction (great, but not what I asked), then they told me I didn’t qualify because I didn’t use Chase Pay (not a requirement for the offer), then they asked me to send them the T&C of the offer because they can’t access them. I sent them a screenshot of the “expired offers” page. It took 10 days and a follow-up request, but finally I got the " You’ve successfully redeemed one of your Chase Offers" email.

Contrast to Amex, which once credited an offer when I inquired even after it was clear that I had misunderstood and not actually met the requirement. Hopefully it’ll get better as the Chase reps learn.

1 Like