Chase Price Protection: Nearly All Claims Now Require an Attestation Form ("Snail Mail" only)

Unfortunately, Chubb runs Chase’s price-protection programs.

Effective November, 2017, nearly all price-protection claims require an “attestation form,” signed with a “wet” signature. Once a claim is filed, Chubb (supposedly) “snail mails” the attestation form to you. It’s not available in any other format.

But don’t hold your breath. Many claimants are still waiting to receive their forms, more than two weeks after submitting claims.

We found out about the new req. while filing new claims. There’s now a box on Page #2 with language similar to this:

“To combat fraud, you must now submit an attestation form, after signing it with a wet signature. After submitting your claim, an attestation form will be mailed to you. Good luck, and God bless.”

More Changes:

Before getting a claim #, you must enter a cell-phone number, so that Chubb can send a one-time security code. You must then enter the code when submitting your claim. This process repeats for every new claim.

If you “check” your claim online, you must re-enter your cell-phone #, so that Chubb can send you another one-time security code. You must go through this process each time you check any claim.

NOTE: Chubb provided zero notice of these changes. They were simply implemented, without any warning. And, as stated, Chubb is apparently “forgetting” to snail mail the new, required attestation forms. :frowning:

1 Like

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

The joke will be on them once someone posts a blank form on the internet.

The form is probably to combat various automated intermediaries from helping people easily submit claims electronically.

Chubb is putting a unique claim # on every attestation form (See link below). Perhaps reasonable Photoshop skills could put Chubb in its place? :wink:

https://imgur.com/sHcGuDm

Wow, hopefully Citi doesn’t follow suit. Citi seems to have moved in the opposite direction, by making manual price matching easier and requiring no print/scan/emails at all necessary. I have noticed my claim this week has taken longer than all recent claims. They’ve been 1 3 5 days max (3 days for a $500 claim) the last couple months. I’m at 7 days already since the “review” state.

Edit: $179 credit posted an hour ago :slight_smile: So that took 8 days. Not horrible but not great. Updated Citi thread with details

Here’s the interesting thing - they snail mail you a form, but you can scan it and email or upload it to your respective claim.

Sounds like just another roadblock from Chase.

1 Like

AmEx has been doing similar with return protection benefits, but the form is sent electronically and you can fill it out with a PDF editor. Just more roadblocks in hopes that you forget to do it or get frustrated and quit. Reminds me of mail in rebates, back in the day.

This benefit is effectively an insurance benefit right? Does it have the “insurance fraud” language? If so, many states’ laws would prohibit this sort of activity if solely for the purpose of delaying claims. How long do you think it takes before Chubb is sued?

Can someone who has done Chase Price Protection before clarify acceptable documentation. I bought the product on Amazon and the price has dropped on Amazon. Can I just print a pdf of the item page with the new lower price and then fill out the form? I think the brochure said it needs to have the date on it. Does the time stamp at the top when using print to pdf work? Thanks!

I do screenshots of webpages with the date/time from the system clock visible as proof of date.

Would be hard to prove that the sole purpose here is to delay claims.

2 Likes

Wondering if there’s a price difference threshold for the attestation form. I sent in two claims last week for small amounts (under $5). Waited to get the attestation forms and then had two checks show up.

I’m guessing they would have wanted the attestation form for a $100 claim. People who’ve gotten them, how much have you been requesting?

I bet Chubb has a couple of lawyers on staff also :slight_smile:

For citi I just print to pdf with “headers and footers”, which gives the date and the website address. Never had an issue yet.

Either of these is still not really proof, someone could always fake it, that’d clearly be insurance fraud through…

$500 pricematch already and wasn’t even requested any “extra” documentation beyond what I sent first myself.