Commerce bank credit card -- 5% cashback... on everything?

Is this too good to be true?

“A 5% annual point dividend will be awarded each calendar year (January 1 through December 31) when you make $50,000.00, or more, in Net Merchandise Purchases. The amount of the dividend will equal 5% of your total Net Merchandise Purchases made during the calendar year. The Annual Point Dividend will be awarded within approximately 14 business days of the end of each calendar year.”

I must be missing something…

3 Likes

T&C for rewards program.

Rewards site
https://rewards.commercebank.com/ip-cbkc/app/Welcome

Posted some links to the wiki. Can’t seem to see the points-to-dollars cashback rewards rate without logging in. Anyone with a Commerce bank card want to check?

I believe it’s an additional 5% annual CB bonus on your rewards, not on what you spend.

1 Like

That would make sense, but the statement in the original post above seems to imply otherwise…

Can’t see how many points you need to redeem for their $25 cash back reward without logging in.

The T&C PDF says that you earn one point per dollar spent (does not match the 1.5x offer on web site) and that $50,000 in purchases earns a dividend of 2500 points (does not match the definition in the T&C or the fine print, tho) ::

A 5% annual point dividend will be awarded each calendar year (January 1 through December 31) when you make $50,000.00, or more, in Net Merchandise Purchases. The amount of the dividend will equal 5% of your total Net Merchandise Purchases made during the calendar year. The annual point dividend will be awarded within approximately 14 business days of the end of each calendar year. Example: $50,000.00 in Net Merchandise Purchases made in one calendar year will equal a dividend of 2,500 points.

So $50,000 in purchases would earn 52500 points (per PDF T&C example) or perhaps 77500 points (per web site offer) but somehow I think probably not 325000 points (1.5 base + 5%-of-purchases bonus offered on web site).

But hey if you want to try, go for it! Good luck & let us know how it goes. There’s a nonzero chance you might get the more generous point bonus after the end of the year, especially given the language.

3 Likes

The real issue here is the 5% dividend is annual, not monthly. If you slam it, huge risk of AA and walking away with nothing.