Different Forum Software

I’ve changed default functionality. The first post will no longer automatically be a wiki, but existing first posts will.

Moving forward second post will automatically be a wiki in all categories.

ETA: I can also go ahead an hijack the second post in already-created threads for uniformity purposes. It’s not the cleanest solution, but I can simply combine the second and third post so that the content lives on.

something weird going on this morning. I thought I was banned since I can’t find the reply button until I closed the tab, reopened it, then had to log in.

There was also a message on top that says:

Congratulations, you installed Discourse! Unfortunately, no administrator emails were defined during setup, so finalizing the configuration may be difficult.

The plugin update may have broken something :slight_smile:

We’ll keep chugging along over the next couple days.

I often use dans deals forum.

if i’m posting less, it’s because Discourse deprecated my browsers on my older mobile / tablet. I suppose I’ll get new hardware at some point, but it’s annoying they won’t let you do anything on the older ones when clearly they worked fine for years. “progress”

5 Likes

I put LineageOS on my old hardware. Extends usefulness by another decade.

3 Likes

From the number of recommendations of your post, you can tell that you’re a valued member here. Yes it’s a PITA to replace a tablet but newer ones are a lot faster and fun to use. I recently bought a new iPad and find that I seldom use the older one.

2 Likes

It shouldn’t be. Both Android and iOS can synchronize / backup everything with your account, so updating phones and tablets is very easy compared to updating computers that do not use such synchronization, such as Windows that uses a LOCAL account. (And the day I can’t log in to Windows using a local account will be the day I stop using Windows).

3 Likes

You are a valued member here. I hope you can find a way to continue posting.

3 Likes

Thanks. Got my new hardware working.

5 Likes

Yikes! I expected your tinfoil hat to be of better quality. I use the the thicker (less transparent) version. :rofl:

That was just generic advice for generic people who don’t wear a tinfoil hat, but you’re not wrong, I have given up my phone book and photos to the Google due to having an android phone. I don’t have crapware and I use noroot firewall to block most apps from phoning home if they’re not supposed to. I’m also never logged in when accessing services like search or youtube, I don’t use gmail or chrome, and my firefox has ublock. So the hat is pretty thick compared to most users.

4 Likes