Hosting Old FWF Content

We’re in the process of moving the entirety the Finance Forum from Fat Wallet over here. It won’t be accessible as separate topics (probably a master topic with links to exported versions of the threads, which we will host indefinitely). The data has already been secured. Now it’s simply a matter of organizing the threads and posting them.

Once we have links for the old content, we can start new threads with links to the old content to keep the conversation going. In the meantime, please feel free to recreate any topics of interest from FWF. When we get the archived material online, a moderator can add a link to that material in the new topic.

Thanks,

TheFDAdmin

12 Likes

FYI, as this came up elsewhere too (just a friendly heads up):

II. ROBOTS
This site contains robot exclusion headers. Much of the information on FatWallet.com is updated on a real time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to FatWallet by our Users, Affiliate Merchants, or third parties. You agree that you will not exceed the limited access to the Site granted to you or use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access FatWallet.com for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not:

(i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;(ii) copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute or publicly display any content from this Site without the prior expressed written permission of FatWallet and appropriate third party, as applicable;(iii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or(iv) bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site.

Source: Earn Cash Back at stores you 💜

If the content is already procured then we don’t have to worry about (i) or (iii).

I’ve checked the FatWallet - Thank you! and there aren’t any directives that prohibit “robot” access to the forums so we don’t have to worry about (iv).

IANAL so can’t comment on (ii).

1 Like

will the new member flame free zone be migrated from FWF, or should we start anew?

2 Likes

Go for it! If there are any particularly good newbie questions, you can put them in the wiki.

Maybe even include a link to /r/personalfinance/wiki/index. I hate reddit as much as the next guy, but the wikis are great and have a ton of beginner info.

Definitely looking forward to the flame free thread… because finance questions make a lot of us feel stupid and that was the main thread I read. And yes, asked stupid questions… have more ready when this board gains critical mass of users :slight_smile:

Absolutely a must have here…if someone else would like to launch and tend to it, please do so! If not, I will.

Oh alright, since you asked and I’ve been waiting for someone to start it anyway:

@thefdadmin @TheGMan if you would please PIN it, that’d be awesome :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Cga kinship proceedings is really the biggest thing from fwf I’m interested in keeping up with.
He’s going to move everything over to

kinship-proceedings.com

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/305858

1 Like

Are you going to move the “Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts” thread, including the wiki table?
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/783099

Any updates on the hosting of the FW archives now that FW is no more?

Working on it as we speak

I would have done this already if this forum supported tables. I’ve requested admin to add tables. I don’t have any interest in creating an ascii table (which is a possibility, but it’ll be ugly and unusable IMO) or moving the table to a google spreadsheet temporarily.

1 Like

Hi SIS: I sent you a PM. Can you please reply when you have time.

Thanks.

As a plan B, tables can be created in a Google Doc, and linked-to from the fragiledeal post.

Admin enabled HTML tables. Here’s the High APY thread:

Excellent Table!

I tried using wget to mirror the entire site but it became too complex for me to handle. It’s a shame it would have been great to have the entire thing.