Individual Stock Discussions

Update sold out after hours @ $2.35

Am holding 101 Jan 19 11.75 F calls expiring soon. $7k basis, $14.4 @ close

Not sure what I’m gonna do with them yet. Probably exercise a few, roll a few, and sell a few. Based on past years F should announce Divi sometime before the 19th.

Also 200 Mar calls at $44k value $26k basis but those are further out. I think I’ll not exercise these Jan ones because the March ones have larger gains and am trying to keep STCG low to avoid the now increased single marginal tax rates. $30k STCG would put me up at 32% instead of 24%. I could potentially exercise most of the March calls and sell LTCG stock.

Has anyone figured out yet if transferring STCG assets into a sole owner pass thru allows the passthrough deduction or stocks wouldn’t work? Or does the passthrus start in 2019 like Corp rates?

F and the other autos might do well if/when the Supreme Court rules against some of those mandatory union dues later this year.

1 Like

You’re no help! I was fishing for reasons to sell down more quickly than planned. As it is, i think I’m just planning to sell some of what I picked up when back at <$11 6 months ago.

I kind of kept adding on the way down.

Bought GE today @18.29

ouch F, gave up 2 weeks of gains in after hours.

Doh. Looks like they missed. :frowning:

All I know is a majority are seeing a downturn, I think we have another 6-9 months.

No miss, just they projected high 2018 R&D spend and lower earnings for 2018 than “expected”. $1.45-$1.70 expected for 2018 vs “analyst average” of $1.62, which is within the range …

actual ER isn’t until later in the month. 7% drop from the high today…

1 Like

Is market every going down? Time to dump all funds into anything and everything?

Still holding GE, might have bought too soon but I plan to catch some spring board action.

I set a new personal record. 24hr loss. Or really 24hr $ change, + or -. About 1.5-2x my previous from a couple years ago.

From peak yesterday (which was a new all time high) I was down about $75k at one point today. In consolation, about $40k of that didn’t feel “real” anyways as it came up in only 2 weeks of 2018.

Monday I should have sold just a little F options though. I was off work and also I was noting to myself “I’ve got more options than I intended (b/c of short term run-up)” and was just waiting to do sometime this week before Friday expiration. I should have sold just a few and also moved some up to higher strike… and prolly saved $20k. Easy in hindsight…

Wow, 131M volume today vs 33.6M avg.

On bright side, AAPL new high :slight_smile:

It’ll come back your way eventually. This is Ford we’re talking about, I remember buying it around $3 and being stoked it was up near $4 when I sold.

1 Like

Buy to Open 20 Contracts UA Jan 26 2018 10 Calls Limit at $2.35 (Day) Filled at $2.35

underlying was trading at 12.30 when I bought. Lets see what happens. UA has been having HUGE swings lately and it just got nailed yesterday. Looking for a bounce tomorrow or early next week. Problem with UA is it is trending down not up.

edit: a word

Xerty, whats your take on GE?

No real view, really big stocks are too hard. That’s one ugly chart for the last few days tho.

3 Likes

Yeah that small uptrend looks destroyed

01/19/2018 Sell to Close 20 Contracts UA Jan 26 2018 10 Calls Limit at $2.75 (Day) Filled at $2.75

I got zero, nada, zilch, bupcus for time value on these. Usually I can squeeze a few cents, but MM wouldn’t give me anything. I thought about holding, but it hit my target so I sold. I have not sold in the past and gotten screwed. I marched my sell price down to 2.75 while underlying was at 2.70. I then watched closely as the price went up. These didn’t sell until the underlying BID was at 2.75. MMs must think there is a lot of risk in these.

This thing looks horrible. I was initially thinking of buying it if it hit $15, but now I am thinking it needs to go lower than this to be interesting. Their reduced dividend is now a 2.9% yield, which sounds okay, but even that does not seem 100% safe.
I think below $15 the stock looks interesting, closer to $12-$13 and I would def be interested.

This is a stock where you should be nibbling, so you always have enough cash to add more as it continues lower.