Individual Stock Discussions

AAPL just kind of stayed steady and then rose. GOOG dropped like a rock then recovered. I was just surprised that it recovered because I would have thought it would have dropped to maybe even under 1000 on a miss. The PE is just so high for them right now. I have a trailing stop loss that may or may not get triggered tomorrow on the GOOG. I am OK with that. I just didn’t want it to gap past it.

That pop was nuts. I saw it late, on the downturn around $44.20 so I didn’t sell any.

Contracts I wrote expired OTM so I’m long the whole position, avg 47.34 not including the options. I’m basically banking on no liability and a return to the div.

Any news on what that pop was really about? As of a few hours ago I couldn’t find anything.

So, how is that looking for you? Good enough to standby a later flight?

Funny you ask… I was just trying to figure out what I was going to do. I can’t really change it, but I have a window when markets are open that I will be hustling to change planes. I will be able to trade at open hopefully. But then I am in the air for 3 hours. I will probably go ahead and get the inboard wifi for this flight (first one didn’t have it) and be constantly checking and might trade in the air. Isn’t technology amazing?

Basically at 170 I am green and for every dollar over that it is about $2000 up. I do worry about max pain and I would just break even. I will just have to keep an eye on it. It wouldn’t surprise me that 15-30 min after open it pops to 180 then drifts down to 170 at close, but honestly it is all just a big guess. I hope it opens at 175 and just bounces around there. I don’t see how it closes under 170, but I didn’t expect BABA to get hit so hard today either.

As for GOOG, I am just along for the ride with a 8% stop loss.

everything down. aapl falling yesterday was a fakeout

Whats crazy is that I went to bed happy that it hit 175 in AH. Would have made enough to buy a new car. Now I’m down a car.

1 Like

Easy come, easier go.

1 Like

Picked up 70 AAPL at just over 162 today. I had sold it @ 174 a few months ago and was waiting for an opportunity to get back in.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I would have kept waiting

That’s about half the cash I have allocated for it (Sold 172 shares 11/6). If it continues dropping, I’ll buy more.

I’m not going to bust any of the flagged posts here, but instead remind everyone to be respectful. That doesn’t mean you have to agree with each other, but you absolutely must be nice.

Hoping to pick up some AAPL below $156.

Not a bad trade. But I would buy more if AAPL goes lower on Monday.

Don’t worry, you will get your car in April/ May.

Here we go heading down under $158 choo choo to $140’s and then maybe a good buy.

Pre-market is looking ugly. I guess it’s bear season.

Nice try.

whoa down 1500. That looked like bitcoin for a second

2 Likes

What vanguard index funds you are loading?