Individual Stock Discussions

FML loosing my asss

1 Like

Itā€™s interesting to me how much news a 4-6% one day drop gets. I guess itā€™s novel because of the record low volatility recently.

The largest point-drop in history is news.

Sure, sure, as a percentage it wasnā€™t that big a deal, but many wall street cheerleaders out there have been misrepresenting non-inflation-adjusted gains in the stock market for quite a while.

LIVE BY THE SWORD. DIE BY THE SWORD.

So buy the dip or wait a few weeks while the elevator takes us back to 10000?

1 Like

Magic 8 ball says:

Yes.

This one didnā€™t feel like a ā€œdipā€.

1 Like

Iā€™m not endorsing it, just an observation, but back on Friday after that initial 650+ point drop, I think it was the guy from High Frequency Economics who surprised me by saying we had already seen the high for the year.

Nice foresight

How did we do today? Did everyone load up at close yesterday?

No, my ability to predict the past is prefect though.

5 Likes

I sold my $WYNN calls. Thereā€™s probably more upside, but my satisfaction with a small gain outweighs my appetite for more volatility.

As an aside, I had long deep think about betting on misbehavior. While it may make money, itā€™s not as if itā€™s the only thing that makes money. Wow, forgot to finish my thought there. My personal belief is that soda is bad for you so I wont invest in pepsi even if it looks interesting financially. We only have so much bandwidth so I think Im not going to follow wynn anymore even if itā€™s going to 200 tomorrow.

Missed SNAP big time up 50%.

Here is an update in case anyone is curious: So I go on vacation and lose a small house in value. That is awesomeā€¦

Monday I went 50% into cash with tight trailing stops on all my major holdings. I got stopped out at 2% loss on most of them. I kept apple because I think it is fairly priced, but all my calls that should have made me quite a bit ended up worthless. I am now just waiting on the sidelines until we hit 15% down or volatility decreases.

All that being said I am at about my Oct or Nov range in portfolio value and I am way less at risk currently.

Wow market tanking

Yeah not good. Looks like I wonā€™t see any of my money in the market for a few years.

Hate to see this for those close to retirement who stayed in stocks.

Pretty scary that bonds are falling too. At least BND.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the game plan? Dumb everything and hide

I just hold and DCA forever. But a BK could kill that strategy.

Iā€™m going to start using RH, $0 commissions so I can drop small amounts over and over and over into existing positions.

Down down up down down up down down up up up down down down down down

Or something like that

Is this the secret code to get 30 lives?

1 Like