Individual Stock Discussions

how do you negotiate trading price? As i had optionshouse, i still have 3.95 at eTrade.
I know robinhood is free, but any other way ot lowering 3.95 to 1$ or around.

Call them and say you’re leaving if they don’t give you this. Can’t hurt to try.

There’s no way you’ll get Etrade down to $1. I trade a ton and I’d hope to get $2.50-3.00 for myself, but unless you’re trading dozens of times a day, you aren’t going to get anywhere with them so don’t waste your time.

If you really want $0, go to Robinhood. But remember if you don’t trade much, commissions don’t matter much since it’s not too many $s. And if you do trade a lot, you should care a lot more about execution quality than commissions, at least in general.

5 Likes

Hello Apple under $150 and goog under 1k

1 Like

What XERTY said. I havbe 0$ merrill edge trades and have been disappointed with the execution quality.

crazy market

2 Likes

Fidelity informed clients Friday that they can no longer purchase shares based upon the leveraged ETFs that bet on the direction of the VIX.

Yeah, closing the barn door after the damage was done. Fidelity’s unofficial motto in recent years as been “protecting you from making money by protecting ourselves from lawsuits”. Lots of trading restrictions “for your own good” that ignore and disrespect their customers’ knowledge and responsibility for their own actions. It’d be one thing to ban their advisors from using those leveraged or inverse products due to heightened risks, but my broker’s job is to buy what I tell them, not to talk me out of it and into an overpriced managed account or annuity. Fidelity has forgotten that and the compliance and legal drones are calling the shots over there.

I am very happy with my brokers letting me trade VIX products this past week, and Fidelity was not one of them. It would be a pretty good year if I just quit now, but with vol up like it is in the past week or two, it’s going to be a good market for trading for some time to come.

1 Like

Wow…hit the jackpot with NFLX put options. Sold it on Friday and bought some NVDA call options

Yup…bought some on Friday. Couldn’t resist the sale price :smile:

$0
commissions for
online equity trades
for as long as you’ve been with Scottrade

https://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/nn/tradeoffer.html

3 Likes

Any input on Disney competing with Netflix?

Any catch with that?
equity trades meaning regular stock trades right?

Yes, stock trades

IRA account doesn’t qualify, right?

Won’t affect Netflix till 2019, but Disney will quickly become a serious competitor to Netflix.

That I agree with, but I still think I will get some Netflix shares.

I’ve been getting back in AAPL and BABA and T fairly heavily. I don’t think they can drop a whole lot if volatility comes back. I am staying away from GOOG and NFLX this time. Here is one of my trades:

Buy to Open 20 Contracts BABA Apr 20 2018 170 Calls Filled at $17.58

1 Like

Just did this… I like it for potential to even triple vs 100% loss.

02/15/2018 Buy to Open 20 Contracts BABA Feb 23 2018 182.5 Calls Filled at $5.57

ETA: down a grand in time it took to post here…
ETA2: down $250 in time it took to post edit… lol

1 Like

So looks like 2 days to buy cheap and everything is back to highs. Booo wanted apple under $150 now its just up up and away

2 Likes