Individual Stock Discussions

Oh, I got in, just with my little toe.

2/26/18 Buy to Open 10 Contracts BABA Mar 02 187.50 Calls filled at $3.75

asian markets sliding today on bad reports and news, but baba is up in extended hours by a buck?

WTF aapl down only 10 cents on a 400 pt dow down day. Come back to the 150’s you clown

:rage:

ETA: I paid 1.30 to roll them all to next week.

Yesterday, Bill Akerman’s ‘Pershing Square Capital’ unwound the $1 billion short position it took against Herbalife five years ago, claiming the company was actually a pyramid scheme that would eventually collapse, resulting in the stock price falling to zero. Shares of Herbalife are up 130% over the last five years according to FactSet data.

OUCH.

1 Like

It still doesnt mean he was wrong.

1 Like

Oh, I don’t think he was wrong, in regards to Herbalife being some kind of pyramid or other kind of scheme, but he most certainly did get the call on the stock price collapsing to zero wrong, and paid an extremely heavy price as it went the other way by 130%.

options giveth, options taketh away

3 Likes

I let mine expire. Doesnt look like thing will necessarily change injust a week. For your sake, I hope I am wrong.

I finally sold some of my apple (40 shares). Average cost was $100/sh. Since I’ve sold, now it’ll probably be $250 next week.
I also dumped most of my remaining MSFT last week in my IRA (cost basis was $50/sh).

Sold another 30 AAPL. Down to 1100.

Short VRX @ 15.22. Didn’t close out, holding overnight.

Screwed up and didn’t specify lots in time yesterday on 20 sh of appl. Threw away $200 extra taxes :angry: by selling $50 basis instead of $112.

1 Like

Closed out SP @15.57. :frowning:

TSLA: “personal reasons”. Maybe their chief accountant knew something about the economic reality and not just his accounting numbers that made him feel he would rather be elsewhere.

options taketh away, options giveth.

:heavy_dollar_sign: BABA :rocket:

BABA just broke through a hard sell wall at 200. It was amazing watching the thousands of shares being gobbled up.

eta: and rolled through a small sell wall at 201. 200 was about 2 million shares and 201 was about 250k shares

1 Like

What’s everyone using for quick quotes during the day? I was using Google Finance but they just pushed the new ‘updated’ site to me and boy does it suck. The information density is 10% of what it used to be. I know these sites are all changing so they look ‘better’ on mobile but it is annoying.

options taketh away, options giveth.

MLPs - the tax law giveth, the tax law taketh away.

IMG_2021

1 Like

I use yahoo, but they don’t provide real time bid/ask so if I am really following I will pull up Fidelity and continually refresh the quote.

If there was a good streaming service, even if it cost a little, I would be all over it.