Individual Stock Discussions

Surfboard sales up q/q.

2 Likes

+10% in AH for TSLA, maybe because Musk didnā€™t say anything crazy.

1 Like

Nice prediction

1 Like

Wow I was off by two days! Or spot on since it was ā€œaboutā€ three months.

YoY is only up 16% eps. Looks like Appleā€™s a little more expensive now since that was ā€œsame price at 30% growthā€

2 Likes

Fun to watch TSLA todayā€¦ what a circus. Just halted.

Update: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/07/tesla-stock-jumps-on-musks-tweet-that-he-is-considering-taking-compan.html

I wonder if the SEC lawyers will call him to task on this one. I donā€™t think the CEO gets a free pass about ā€œjokingā€ about taking the company private. If heā€™s serious, I look forward to his disclosure on the funding he says heā€™s secured. If heā€™s not, I look forward to the market manipulation charges.

2 Likes

He just tweeted again about it:

Shareholders could either to sell at 420 or hold shares & go private

ā€” Elon Musk (@elonmusk) August 7, 2018

TSLA stock halted. Probably wonā€™t be able to trade again until he makes the appropriate PR or disclosures about that tweet/offer.

Edit: resuming at 3:45 today.

TSLA coverage

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-08-08/elon-musk-has-some-fun-with-tesla

1 Like

Hereā€™s a good one from the BBC:

TSLA took some profits around $355 on the shares I sold into the buyout madness, er enthusiasm. Still holding my (underwater) shorts from previously.

I wish Elon would spend more effort making the company profitable and less on bizarre financing strategies.

3 Likes

NYU finance prof crunches the numbers of TSLA and goes through various scenarios regarding their going private.

Musings on Markets: The Privatization of Tesla: Stray Tweet or Game Changing News (also see his prior linked articles at bottom)

1 Like

Sounds like itā€™s primarily the Saudi Wealth Fund backing this.

Or maybe not. Who knows?

Reality Show is a good description of the Tesla saga. I have some very smart folks around me all going gaga over it but I canā€™t find a scenario for their success long term.

ā€¦ yup, who knows. I been wrong before

TSLA here come the SEC supoenas. down to the $330s today.

Time for the board to start worrying about their directorā€™s liability insurance and throw Musk under the bus. Iā€™m hearing heā€™s going to ā€œtake some time offā€.

This probably isnā€™t good news either.

This site is obviously in its death throws. What other site do you all post at?

Reddit, bogleheads

Maybe try m-w.com. :smirk:

2 Likes