Keesler Federal Credit Union

Ok, we are not coming together. Could be my instructions.

Go to the Keesler page. I actually think it’s here that I proceeded to HIMMA Plus. Go to details, exact HIMMA account number.

Back at Ally open a new external account for the HIMMA account. So the trial deposits only go the HIMMA account, not the Savings.

Try this way. It’s going to work…

Today I actually made another ACH transfer to my HIMMA Plus account. I will see the money in HIMMA tomorrow. lol

1 Like

That is correct, pattyb53. I am talking about ACH transfers initiated at Keesler.

Heck, I can do ACH transfers all day long, directly into my HIMMA Plus account. It’s not a big deal at all. But those transfers are initiated external to Keesler. Typically for me they have, in the past, been initiated at Alliant. But if I do that at Ally I encounter a three day delay.

So I’m working to initiate the transfers at Keesler in hope I can speed things up. We shall see if this works. I have one going now, but it is not yet complete.

Ok… I got you now.

Working with TIAA Bank I have no problem with transfers of large amounts. Tops $250k transfer into TIAA, leaving $50k. Compared to Alliant transfers in $100k and out $25k.

So you were talking about wiring funds into Keesler. Yes I missed your point.

So now we are on the same page!! lol

Actually I was talking about moving funds to Keesler using an ACH pull initiated at the Keesler website. I wire funds all the time. But I have never wired funds into or out of Keesler and I have no plans at present to do so.

ACHing of funds and wiring of funds are two separate and distinct ways to move money. One is not the same as the other, and the terms cannot be used interchangeably.

Update

Keesler made good on their promise of same day ACH. The funds I ACHed out of Ally this morning, with that ACH being initiated on the Keesler website, are this afternoon resting comfortably in my Keesler HIMMA Plus account.

My head is spinning just a bit. I have no clue how Keesler is doing this. That goes double since those same funds continue to appear in my Ally account at this hour. The money is in two places at once.

I did need to telephone Keesler in order to have the money moved over to HIMMA Plus. Keesler will not allow, on their website, creation of a direct link to HIMMA Plus. They also would not allow me personally, at their website, to transfer the funds once they became available in my savings. I had to telephone Keesler. However, the rep took care of the matter for me very quickly. She even anticipated the reason for my call before I could tell her!

I do not know why Keesler creates the roadblocks they do where HIMMA Plus account connections are concerned. But I certainly can find no fault with same day ACH service initiated at their website, and at the bottom line I’m pretty happy with this whole thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

ETA

Checking back at Ally:

The money was deducted from my Ally account very late in the afternoon. This truly is same day ACH at both ends of the transaction.

1 Like

Hi pattyb53

The limits are very modest for ACH transfers initiated at the Keesler website.

$7,500/day

$12,500/week

$50,000/month

This works for me because I’m only moving my side hustle money. If I were moving core funds instead I would either need to use Alliant’s ACH service or else wire the funds rather than ACHing them.

1 Like

Thanks shinobi.

I decided to go ahead and set up an external ACH transfer account at Keesler. I started the process today. The small deposits will probably show up Monday.

After you showed the transfer amounts available it will still be something I can use. Once in a while I need extra money in my hometown bank checking account. So good reserve on hand.

No problem. But this word of caution:

All I have written here so far concerns Keesler ACH pulls. This means the funds are being pulled into Keesler from another financial institution external to Keesler, with the ACH initiated at Keesler.

I have no experience whatsoever, and I’m unable to comment on, Keesler ACH push transactions of the sort you mention. I have never initiated an ACH push at Keesler, a situation where one would be moving funds out of Keesler to another financial institution.

Generally, when I need money I have at Keesler, I initiate an ACH pull at Alliant and get the money that way. It’s overnight service as you are aware. I certainly can live with overnight ACH. This same day ACH stuff sort of makes my head spin.

My situation with ACH transfers has been bothering, particularly this month because of the large CD that matured. Those 6 ACH limits on transfers is an issue.

Now had I wired the funds I would be fine, but I didn’t think of that ahead of time. Thankfully this month is over and hopefully I will be finished with transfers soon. New month, new 6 limits.

I have been working with the 2 credit unions and so far, evading the 6 transfer limits.

Yes awesome problems. :wink:

I regret needing to post this but must do so in the interest of full disclosure and because of posts I made up thread which could be misleading.

I posted earlier in glowing terms about Keesler’s same day ACH service.

Not so fast

The earlier posts were truthful, but there is a serious wrinkle in the Keesler service.

On background, I saw hints of this even a while back with ACH transfers I would initiate at Alliant. Several went through on a same day basis, and I wrote about that on the Alliant thread. But here is the wrinkle: I never had one of those Alliant ACH transfers go through same day when it arrived at Keesler on a Friday.

Now fast forward to recent ACH transfers initiated at Keesler itself, as already discussed on this thread. I had two last week go through same day. Then came Friday and I needed once again to ACH money into Keesler. I remembered Alliant but figured an ACH initiated at Keesler itself might be different.

It was not. The money got hung up in “pending” status. I was unable to access it or transfer it into HIMMA Plus until today (Monday).

My takeaway: beware Keesler on Fridays. Do not assume they will provide you the same level of service on Friday that you receive routinely on other weekdays.

1 Like

Yes I believe there is a flaw or wrinkles with daily processing at Kessler. But we can make it work as long as the end result is conforming to our liking.

Here’s what happened. I decided to open transfer contact between Keesler and 2 external links, started Friday. My hometown bank F&M showed the 2 small deposits Saturday. At TIAA bank the small deposits were showing up today. Can you figure that one out?

But I think we have a good thing going with Keesler. I’m not complaining…

1 Like

Not sure this update is particularly important. But stuff I wrote up thread has turned out to be wrong, so I have to put the record right:

As it turns out there is a problem with the Keesler “same day” ACH service. The problem does not always assert itself and you cannot know in advance how quickly your funds will become available to you. I have experienced mixed outcomes. As best I’m able to glean:

It appears there is a human element to the Keesler ACH funds crediting process. Sometimes the Keesler back office humans complete their work timely and you end up with a favorable outcome. Other times, unpredictably, the Keesler back office humans are either swamped with work, do not show up for work in sufficient numbers, or maybe it is something else. I dunno. But at the bottom line your incoming ACH funds show up as “pending”, a limbo status, and you do not actually have access to them.

So be careful if you use the Keesler ACH service. It’s not as good as I earlier had said it is.

I have had somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 dozen personal, verbal interactions with Keesler personnel. Some are dedicated, knowledgeable, professional, capable, and personable. There seem to be just as many who are there to meet a number / be a warm body.

With some of the errors they make, I’m glad they limited their membership.

Same with me.

In spite of the fact that terrible occurrences in my home (my husband is in the hospital). My HIMMA Plus account ended today. keesler rep said wait to close until 9/1, to gain interest.

So I’ll be on long hold (phone) again tomorrow. Such a nuisance, to hold & transfer same (new money).

I’m very sorry to hear that. I hope that he is quickly on the way to good health.

1 Like

First, to repeat @sullim4’s comment, we all hope that your husband is well on his way to be being back home, and telling you that your car hasn’t even been broken in, so keep it another 10 years. :wink:

As for Keesler, I’ve closed at least 5 Himma+'s. There was no issue with the interest. I’ve learned to double-check everything related to Keesler. The interest was always credited, to the penny (or one penny in my favor once) correctly, regardless of the date of closure.

Sorry to learn that news, pattyb53, and I hope your husband recovers very soon.

Regarding your Keesler account closure:

Honkinggoose’s experience is the same as my own. You can close your HIMMA Plus at any time and your accrued interest will be credited forthwith. You will not lose interest.

The most front line Keesler reps oftentimes do not have a good handle on intricate banking matters at the credit union. While they mean well, they often miss the mark with their counsel.

I currently have such an “intricacy” revolving around inability to access HIMMA Plus straightaway via ACH when the ACH is initiated at Keesler. My rep, as happened with you pattyb53, gave me bad information. When I pointed this out to her she was very nice and offered to have a Keesler person at a higher level give me a call. That call has not yet come through, but I realize they are recovering from a hurricane so I need to display some patience.

Back on your situation, pattyb53:

It is Wednesday and we are in a new month. I just checked the Keesler rate sheet. Barring any change later today (it is early in Mississippi), the HIMMA Plus account remains up, running, and available to all Keesler members!

This is sort of a Godsend. I hope I have equivalent good fortune when time comes for me to renew my HIMMA Plus.

1 Like

An interesting post over on Ken’s website which relates to HIMMA Plus. Credit for this goes to RickZ:

It is possible to have a single HIMMA Plus account for nearly seven months. Your fortunes depend on the time of the month you open your new HIMMA Plus account. Earlier in the month is much better than later. RickZ writes:

It goes to the end of the 6th month. Open 8/31/21 ends 2/28/22. Open 9/1/21 ends 3/31/22.

Today is first of September. Open your new HIMMA Plus now and you are in the tall alfalfa beyond the beginning of next spring. Pretty sweet, and something to remember!!

1 Like

As others have said, I too hope your husband recovers quickly.

2 Likes

I’m not really angry or pissed off. It would be fair to say I am slightly annoyed.

I use my Keesler HIMMA Plus as a reservoir for funds needed to fuel my side hustle. So funds move out to buy (short) CDs and back in when those CDs mature. HIMMA Plus is my personal best option for storage of liquid money, which I need for my side hustle.

The side hustle is not big bucks. Millions? No. Hundreds of thousands? No. Tens of thousands? No. I’m not some kind of big time “playa”.

So this morning I had three CDs mature all on the same day. I went to the Keesler website and tried to move my money back into Keesler for HIMMA Plus. I can report as follows:

Yes. The Keesler $7500 daily ACH transfer limit, when you initiate the ACH at their website, is real. I was only slightly over and (I guess) was having trouble believing the limit was that low. So I tried to schedule the ACH anyway. They waited until after verifying me to tell me I was over. Oh, well.

I like Keesler. It is a really good credit union. But some of the goings on there are quirky as hell. You have to live with the quirks and learn to love Keesler regardless.

1 Like