Legacy Priceline Visa Discussion - 2% cash back on all purchases

Not sure if anyone else received the bonus e-mail, so I will post.

Earn 2X bonus points on all purchases.

1. Use your priceline rewards Visa® Card between 10/1/17 – 12/31/17.
  2. Earn 2X bonus points for every $1 spent on all purchases you make, up to 2,500 points.1
  3. Remember, your 2X bonus points are in addition to the points you already earn for using your card!

So, in summary, a extra 25.00 on 1250.00 in purchases. Should come in handy. I love free money.

1 Like

Interesting Greatness, very nice.

I’ve never seen this promotion. This is on the legacy PL card, which pays 2% on all purchases?

Yes sir. If the offer wasn’t personalized, I’d post a pick of it.

These promos are often done for people who don’t spend much money on their cards. I’ve never been offered one, but keep getting offered them for my lesser-used Barclays cards.

Thanks for starting this thread (I opened the original pre-archived thread on FW way back when). Still one of the best general purpose CB cards out there.

I got a targetted promo which is:

1000 bonus points for each month you spend $1000 or more in Oct, Nov, Dec
2000 bonus points if you spend $1000 or more in all three months.

That nets to a $50 bonus for $3000 in spend, upping the cashback to a very healthy rate.

novocane, have you done much spending on your card? That’s a great promo.

No promo for me, but given that I spend like crazy on my card, I didn’t expect one.

Recently my spend has been fairly minimal on the priceline visa, as I’ve had promos on other cards to send spend to.

My Q4 Barclay promo on the 2% Priceline card is $1500 per month. 1k points for each month and 2k if I do all three months. Looks like I got a “higher spender” promo.

I am not a small monthly spender (but much less than DaveHanson). I did make the $1000 per month promo (Q3) for 5k points.

I am a bit challenged because I also have the 6% Synchrony/Marvel Sep-Dec promo that I am trying to hit. I don’t do MS (except for legitimate need gift cards), so I am having to sock drawer a lot of my other category cards for the time being.

Of course, property taxes and such are coming due soon.

Speaking on the 1.5% value points redeem rate on airline tickets. My only guess is that people were complaining about airline tickets that they were not getting 1.5% rate for and the only way for Barclaycard US to resolve was to add the airline MCCs to the 1.5% category.

I used to have this way back when I was getting 3x for retail air purchases with a Priceline AF card. I did drop that card to focus on this 5x/2x card. At one point, I had three different Priceline cards. Ah, the good old days.

Rasheed

That’s a plausible guess IMHO. Indeed, such adjustments may be why this long-grandfathered, legacy card has received most of its improvements.

I used to have this way back when I was getting 3x for retail air purchases with a Priceline AF card. I did drop that card to focus on this 5x/2x card. At one point, I had three different Priceline cards. Ah, the good old days

Interesting, I had no idea you were running three of these. Was the third card the newer flavor of PL card? I’m not aware of any benefits that card sports over our 5x/2x card.

The third card advertised 5x on all Priceline (not just NYOP). Since Barclay figured out how to give 3x on retail airfare purchased on Priceline, I figured it would do the same with the 5x, but it was not meant to be (only 5x on NYOP which we now translate to 5x on NYOP and Express when charged by priceline).

Rasheed

The third card advertised 5x on all Priceline (not just NYOP).

Just to be clear, this is the card they are still offering, correct?

Well, they have clarified the 5x fine print on the current version to only be certain types of spends at priceline.com. Before it was everything at priceline.com.

Rasheed

Interesting. I wonder if the current offering is funtionally identical to yours.

I’ve tried to redeem against an airline charge twice with the 1/3 discount, but it doesn’t seem to work for me. I get to the confirmation screen, but no points are actually deducted, and there’s no follow up email like normal. Also no mention of 10% travel bonus.

Has anyone able to redeem against these glitched flight purchases?

I successfully redeemed with the discount against three Economy Plus upgrades purchases for the ticket I posted earlier.

1 Like

rlaw, I’m not sure I’m following. Doesn’t your screenshot indicate that you got the charge credited at the discounted rate?

Nothing happens after the confirmation page that normally occurs during a redemption. I get no confirmation email, no points are actually deducted and even the transaction is free for me to redeem again.

I’m thinking there’s an issue with this specific transaction so I’ll try redeeming toward something else and hopefully it’s just a one time glitch.

retry with a different browser. That sounds like a technical glitch to me.

1 Like

Thanks, this led me to the right path to fix it.

Tried IE and it didn’t work, but I did notice all redeemable transactions flashed by for a brief second before a bunch of them disappearing so this led me thinking some of the js on the page was broken.

Most banking sites are built with a Graceful degradation concept and should offer at least basic functionality without JS. I was hoping Barclays did that. I disabled JavaScript and it worked, plus I got the 10% bonus that didn’t appear in the past.

If your having similar issues:

1. Install the web developer toolbar for chrome.
  2. Login to Barclayscard and go to the page before it loads the transactions.
  3. Disable JS
  4. Load transactions, and click the amount you want.
  5. Confirm
  6. Re-Enable JS
  7. Uninstall web developer toolbar