Legacy Priceline Visa Discussion - 2% cash back on all purchases

OK, statement posted.

Entire description is a single line item under “Points Details” towards the bottom of the statement. Labeled, “adjustments.”

Has anyone purchased Disney tickets from undercover tourist using this card?

TPG just asserted that UC Tourist tickets code as “travel” on barclays arrival. cards. Interesting to see what bonus, if any, they earn on this card.

1 Like

Got a postal letter a few weeks ago – it was exactly for when the 10% travel rebate bonus didn’t post. Again, because I am getting 1.5 redemption rate on airfare, I did not ask for the 10%.

1 Like

Just got the shared letter.

I purchased 3 Disney tickets early 2017 split between two Barclay Arrival cards that was coded as travel from a third party seller, arestravel.com. I used the Barclay points to rebate the transactions as a statement credit and believe I did get the 10% rebate on the points used. I was quite happy to have used this method. Saved me $943 on Disney tickets.

Barclay Arrival card is also currently offering it’s best ever 70k points signup bonus on $5k spend so now is an excellent time to apply for the card (can usually do this every 12 months after closing the previous card) and I just got approved for my new card last month. At the time I signed up it only offered 60k point bonus but a quick call and ask, Barclay confirmed they would match the new 70k offer.

1 Like

Wow, I got no email on this, but it appears you can get $25 off each priceline.com purchase up to $50 per week with no minimum spend and $400 for the entire promotion period. Stacks with coupons and other deals too.

https://www.priceline.com/partner/tourism/prvc-season-of-savings.html

Warning: avoid adding AUs and changing billing address within a short period.

I had to do this within a 2 week period. Prior to doing this, I almost never had a declined change, as long as there was available credit on the account. Now, even after I’d had multiple verification calls and meticulous account notations, the account remains much twitchier RE large charges than it ever was before.

(Interestingly, the attempted authorization vendor and amount showed in the “temp authorizations” section of transactions, However, the available credit wasn’t reduced, confirming its status as declined.)

1 Like

Any of you guys in NY next week? (May 30th)

There’s a free screening for Godzilla open exclusively to Priceline card holders (you get two tickets, popcorn and a soda)

https://kiosk.eztix.co/kiosk-optimised/1098796

Playing around with the url a bit also shows some Fidelity cards in TX/GA/IL and Chase MP in IL, but those are all sold out. Really strange how this is the only Barclays card on the list.

Any recent data points on whether a “pay it now” hotel room is triggering the travel bonus?

To follow up from my post just above: now that things have settled down, no more hold or related issues.

In Barclays-related news:

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2019/06/06/applications-for-barclays-arrival-plus-being-pulled-today/

It looks like Barclays is re-evaluating their own branded (i.e. Barclays branded) credit card portfolio. Any tinkering with their cards always piques my interest given my desire for them to continue to leave the legacy Priceline card alone.

This card is very similar to the legacy Priceline card in its reward structure - 2% back on purchases, a bonus on travel-related redemption, etc. Of course, this one has an annual fee while the grandfathered Priceline card does not.

2 Likes

So this afternoon, I see the following pending charge:

“VISA PROVISIONING SERVICE: $0.00”

It is against my wife’s account. This is usually the charge that appears when your card is being added to a digital wallet like Apple Pay. Yet, she was in the forest doing trail maintenance with a volunteer group at the time.

I’m on the phone with Barclays and their overseas CSRs are completely useless. They think I want to dispute this charge and do not understand that I believe there is someone trying to fraudulently add her card to a digital wallet.

Essentially my ask of them is whether there has been an attempt to add her card to a digital wallet in the last 24 hours, and if so, to cancel all digital wallet authorizations with her number, and re-issue her a new card with a new number. The CSR insists there is no such department that deals with such issues and says they cannot dispute a charge with $0.00 on it.

I charge well north of $50k/yr on this card; frankly, I expect better customer service. If this card wasn’t 3%+ cash back, I’d be dropping it like a hot potato. Their customer service is the worst.

Edit: After a hang up, call again, I got a US-based rep who said that “Olivia’s iPhone” added the card. I don’t know who Olivia is. We removed all instances of the card in digital wallets, and re-issued the card with a new number. Thankfully, there were no instances of fraudulent use.

1 Like

Just had a $500 charge post for a “pay it now” hotel room, listed as “PRICELN*[HOTEL NAME]” . No 5% earning, redemption boost, or travel bonus.

1 Like

If you haven’t heard the news, most major major credit card issuers are slashing card benefits. Maybe I missed it, but I’m not seeing the extended warranty benefit being removed from Priceline like others. Here is what was on my recent statement:

Changes to your priceline Visa Signature Benefits effective November 1, 2019: Roadside Dispatch benefit is being added to your account. Your Price Protection, Satisfaction Guarantee and Purchase Assurance benefits are being removed…

So, I am banging my head on this new issue. My transactions were for Express Deals, but posted the same way.
I am getting the 5x bonus (please double check this part), but I am not able to redeem at 1.5x. I have hit a wall with Barclays who refuses to escalate the issue. I have asked Priceline, and they indicated they were sending the issue over to Barclays, but no resolution yet.

I am just holding on redeeming until they fix the issue, but I admit Barclays works well when things are going fine, but very difficult to navigate when something needs to be fixed.

Okay, I just got a call from the Barclay Reward team who indicate that Priceline redemptions is indeed broken. He did it manually (1.5x value plus 10% travel bonus), but I did indicate that I have more transactions that I am ready to do when the system is fixed. Like normal software development, it might get fixed in a few days or a few months.

1 Like

Because Barclays has mostly Mastercard, it was hard to get information on Visa Signature benefits. I think what they have kept is interesting for a no AF/FTF card.

-Extended Warranty 1 year (AmEx and others removed it from no AF cards)
-Secondary CDW (primary overseas?)
-Baggage Delay
-Trip Cancellation
-Travel Accident

I still can’t find the new benefits guide (maybe it will come out after 11/1/2019). There are also still rumors on the cell phone benefit, but seems unlikely beyond the Uber Visa.

Thanks Rasheed. Did you happen to get a number for the Barclays Reward Team? I’m impressed they called. I have some corrections to process too.

I just hope their “corrections” don’t remove the extra uplift awarded to our legacy cards!

The number I got on my caller ID was a +91, but I don’t think it would be appropriate to call that team directly. The team member told me that when calling Barclays normal CS, tell them you want to open a case with the Rewards team and then provide the transaction(s) that is not showing the right redemption rate. I suspect that if you have transactions that have 30 days or less left to use (out of the 120 days), then opening a case versus waiting would be appropriate. They seem to understand the 1.5x and 10% well. I would give the response time about 3 to 4 weeks from when you open the case.

On your legacy uplift concern, are you referencing the 2x earn or the ability to redeem 1.5 + 10% on other travel purchases (so far airfare and cruise/boats)? I don’t think the 2x is at risk because the earning system is a very different part of the tool. It is just the redemption side to be changed. I think there is risk on the other travel purchases redemption option, but I am unsure on that too which did give me pause when trying to get priceline.com transactions solved. Did you confirm that you are still indeed getting 5x on the earn side for priceline transactions? I never had issues on the earn side so far, just redemption.

Thanks for the helpful reply on the call-in, rasheed.

Definitely the redemption side.

i had no bonus on the earn side for these txns…will call if it becomes a recurring issue, and will report additional data points.

Updates-
Earning 5x on Priceline.com transactions.

Redemptions- NO 1.5x redemption rate showing on site for any Priceline.com purchase.
To redeem at 1.5x-
CALL barclaycard at 1866-951-1440. Pound 0 once it gets past the initial account info.
The front line agent SHOULD be able to help.
Explain “I’m supposed to be able to redeem the points on my card at 1.5x on my priceline card for statement credit on Priceline transactions but I cannot. Can you please put down these transactions to be manually processed?”
You will then feed the transactions with the date to the rep. The rep will confirm the purchase description and total amount of the purchase
The rep promised it’d be manually processed in 7 to 10 days.

A good bit of a headache but this was all my Christmas travel, totally worth the call.

2 Likes

Thanks chuckymcgee .

Related, you haven’t tried to correct PL earnings that aren’t posting at the proper 5%, have you?