Less common banking perks - community room usage , coin counting etc

Am I a moron or is it not obvious how to quote a post when replying?

Click “Reply” on the OP/reply you want to quote then click the quote bubble (first button on the left next to bold/italic in the toolbar) and the reply area will fill with the quoted post. Then you can delete the irrelevant parts of the post you’re quoting if needed.
The part I can’t figure out is how to get the little “in reply to X” icon to show up. I replied directly to your post and it didn’t appear but a few up you can see WakesInc’s shows who is being replied to.

Actually easier than that highlight the text you want to quote and a little “quote” tag will show up click that and your reply can be written

1 Like

And miss out on commuter benefits?

1 Like

Got it. Thanks!

It’s not obvious. Took me a few days to figure it out. I wonder if there’s a bulletin board setting an admin can set that automatically includes the quoted reply, if you’re clicking the REPLY button on a specific text.

I used a Chase branch just yesterday to notarize some documents. They are awesome for this and have notarized HELOC docs from other banks even. Chase has saved me a lot of money that I would have paid to notaries over the years. However, they couldn’t notarize Wills at my local branch. I had to pay another notary for that, but they did notarize health and financial power of attourneys.

TD Bank and Columbia Bank (the one at ColumbiaBankOnline.com) have free coin counting machines. Not sure if they are restricted to account holders or not.

TD got rid of their machines last year.

Ack, you are correct. You prompted me to google about it and I found this list of banks that still have free coin counting:

2 Likes

At Wells Fargo they will notarize for free. You do have to call and make an appointment. California each signature is $15 so can easily save $100 on a some docs.

Everything is illuminated. Bless you, my friend.

Our old Chase branch required 15k in checking or savings to get a free, small safety deposit box (sdb). We had the sdb for 5 years while maintaining the minimums and never were charged for it.

One other thing that we used our Chase branch for were Medallion signatures. Only needed it twice, but they were very helpful.

Final edit … I think it was TD that got into trouble because their coin counters tended to err in favor of the bank.

I agree it should be changed. But if they don’t/can’t - if you’re reading a post that has the replied to notification in the top right corner, you can click that and read what that poster said.

Same thing happened to me. I even said I didn’t have an account (it was a Sunday and I needed something notarized so no other banks were open). He notarized the document, we talked for like 2 minutes (maybe trying to size me up for services) then I left, but he didn’t even pitch anything.

At Santander they notarized a document for me. They asked if I was a customer and I am, but they never asked for proof. This was a Saturday though so there weren’t any customers-very laid back.

At Wells Fargo I think you have to be a customer, but not 100% sure. But WF even faxed the document to a third party for me. However, none of these documents I’ve gotten notarized at a bank have been related to the bank I’m getting them notarized at.

Many of my local CUs host a 1-2 times a year shredding event where you can bring 4 boxes and they’ll shred for free. Useful for those of us who still keep paper statements.

1 Like

The CU I recently left used to have a bunch of little perks - one free domestic wire transfer per month (in or out), free coin counting, no-fee Visa gift cards in Nov/Dec, free cashier’s checks.

But alas, they recently revamped their checking offerings, dumping the high-balance plans that had the perks, and instituted a new program that was all built around debit cards (access to discounts, extended warranty, cell phone insurance, identity theft protection, etc.). We don’t use debit cards so we moved on.

1 Like

I would definitely be interested in finding a bank that still has free coin counting as I have coin-operating laundry machines in my rental property. They’ve been long gone in my area, I used to have accounts at TD, Valley National, and Capital One just for the machines.

I’ve been rolling the quarters and just depositing them in my bank but it’s a time-consuming and dirty activity. Been lazy for the past few months and I’ve got over $500 in quarters waiting to be rolled.

don’t they have machines for that? my dad used to own laundramats, used to tag along and play the arcade games while he closed shop. good times.

It’s a small 4 unit property so I don’t have a change machine if that’s what you’re asking. Just the washer and dryer.