Member-to-Member Trades

What’s the angle there?

Interested? Send me a pm :slight_smile:

AMEX MR points 105k. PM me if interested.

I PM’ed Star when this offer was for 6 Blue Apron meals. I agreed to his/her asking price and paid before exchanging. Afterward, I received what turned out to be 4 Blue Apron meals instead of 6. I didn’t ask for a refund, pro-rata or otherwise. Instead, I said I’ll buy more from you, can you adjust the price to reflect 4 meals instead of 6? The reply from Star was effectively, “its still a good deal at 4 meals.”

To make the point a bit clearer, I asked “So if that $x amazon gift card code I sent you accidentally had $y on it [y < x], would you expect me to do anything?”

The subsequent reply was “$x is still a good deal for 4 meals, do you want to buy more.”

I’m done with this member.

Posted for future, potential transactions.

5 Likes

This is actually 8 meals on the family plan

Right… I paid for 6, I got 4.

Good luck to anyone else that bites.

2 Likes

Not trying to give you a hard time, just asking for clarification.
According to @Star’s posts, on Dec 13, he offered up blueapron meals, and then Dec 14, changed his post to offering 4 blueapron meals. Then on Jan 3, changed his post to offering 8 blueapron meals. His post never offered 6 blueapron meals. Did you private message him after he changed his post to 4 meals, but he mentioned 6 meals in his private messages back?

Updated: Star told me it was 6 meals in the first Pm.

His post was changed to 4 after I informed him of that outcome.

1 Like

This is simply me looking at the edit history of his post in this thread that is still there, but it looks like he either offered “meals,” “4 meals,” or “8 meals.” I don’t know what you guys discussed via PM, but based on what I can see in this thread, he never publicly offered a specific “6 meals.”

EDIT: I see you updated to say that he said “6 meals” via PM. Thank you for the clarification.

And this is why member - member trades never function reliably.
If it was an exchange like GiftCardWiki or PlasticMerchant, there would be some mechanism for redressal.
I’d be surely pissed if something like that happened to me (referring to Venturion’s purchase of Blue Apron).

I’m happy to give people a chance, especially on low-value trades like this one.

I gave Star several chances to do the right thing. Onto the next deal… with someone else.

1 Like

In my opinion, there should be a zero-tolerance policy here. You want to trade? Do it on the up-and-up. If you mess up even once, you’re out. It’s a waste of time to give people second chances for this sort of thing.

Maybe I’m just a jerk, but I can’t stand scammers or word twisters. Be straight up or don’t deal at all. When you tell me I’m buying six meals and then send me four, and I paid for six, and then you tell me it’s still a good deal at four meals, that is when I want to fly to your house just to prove a point. Obviously the money, time, and energy cost far outweighs the two meals I was screwed on. But again, it’s to deliver the point, that scammers like this cannot get away with this BS.

IMO: Star deserves a ban (going strictly based on what was said in this thread; I know there’s always two sides to every story, but I have no reason to disbelieve Venturion). I know admins can read user PMs, and I think this situation would warrant that and for a decision to be made.

Disclaimer: at the time of this post, I’ve only had one cup of coffee.

1 Like

As long as registration is open and anonymous, you can’t reliably ban anyone.

No doubt, but you can at least ban Star for being a jerk. Then if someone comes back selling Blue apron meals, you have an excuse to watch them.

1 Like

Happy to send you another link so you can verify this is 8 meals

[quote=“Star, post:55, topic:287, full:true”]
Happy to send you another link so you can verify this is 8 meals
[/quote] was this message meant for me? If so, what’s to verify? I already used your last link and it was 4 meals

3 Likes

I have a coupon book sent from, worth ~$816 of tobacco coupons. how do I sell it?
wisconsin tobacco settlement
http://journaltimes.com/news/state-and-regional/tobacco-settlement-sale-brings-in-billion-for-cash-strapped-wisconsin/article_556b8809-1227-5e8e-be02-d72b5cf8f7c2.html

You don’t know any smokers?

1 Like

I have 2 $200 frontier vouchers $150 each from cancelled flights.

wtb Wells Fargo Go Far Reward points. please pm me your email if you are interested in selling.