MOVIEPASS Now $9.99 per month

Hmm… I signed up back in August, got my card about a month ago, and never bothered to activate it. Still haven’t been billed but will probably activate it this week for a date night.

In my experience there wasn’t an actual activation process. The original instructions said I’d have to activate the card upon receipt, but later they said that the card was automatically activated based on the estimated delivery date and that the 2nd billing wouldn’t occur until a month after the “activation.”

2 Likes

I haven’t been billed either

Here’s a tip - I charge things like this on a reload able gift card that only has enough to pay the first couple months fees. If you decide to keep it , reload the funding source card . If you don’t want it anymore , drain the gc to zero and they won’t be able to pull the $9.99 out every month

1 Like

MoviePass plans to make money by selling your data to Uber, eateries and Hollywood studios.

Well, it turns out that what appeared to be a duplicate charge to my credit card was my own error. I had forgotten that we’d used my credit card for my wife’s account. So I still have nothing but glowing reviews for Moviepass (except for the part about the app chat being a black hole).

I observed today the ability to use their website (not the app) to submit and track tickets. I believe that is new and a positive step.

Finally, those who have talked about paying for the service for a time when the card can’t be used, that was not my experience. Although they did post one charge at the time I signed up, the second charge wasn’t until a full month after I first used the card. So it worked out.