My City Was Gone

Rush of course is sadly dead and gone. Rush passed away well over a year ago, at far too young an age and well before his time, and is buried in St. Louis.

With Rush dead his fans are left to do the best we are able. And today, this afternoon, there will be an enjoyable echo of Rush’s greatness. Here are the details:

You may know him as James Golden. Many know him better as Bo Snerdley. Regardless, Snerdley served for a great many years alongside Rush. There are pretenders out there. But to me only James Golden/Bo Snerdley properly can carry on Rush’s wisdom and greatness.

Snerdley was not on air much at all while Rush was alive. But he is an expert and highly experienced “radio guy” who produced Rush’s show for a long time. The one exception you might recall, from back in 2009, is when Snerdley went on air as the Official Obama Criticizer, “black enough to criticize”, and with 100% Slave Blood:

James Golden is a black Conservative, of course, so occupies a class of persons most detested by Democrats, and most loved by me. :wink:

Fast forward to 2022 and James Golden, aka Snerdley, has his own very popular radio show on Flagship 77 WABC in New York City during afternoon drive every weekday. The name of Snerdley’s show?

Rush Hour

The show is on air between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm ET, and can be heard over the air or here on the internet.

Today’s show is remarkable because there will be a special guest, Mark Steyn. Steyn, Rush’s most prominent guest host “back in the day”, brings a strong Conservative perspective. Steyn, as you may recall, is a self-described “undocumented anchorman”.

It should be a double treat later today as Snerdley and Stein join forces on Rush Hour!!

ETA

If you happened to miss the aforementioned Steyn interview like me (I had to work and was away from my radio): GREAT NEWS!!

The entire interview can be heard online any time you like. Start listening about one minute in to miss the commercial. The guys really get going the further into the interview you listen, and some of Steyn’s remarks about Biden are absolutely hilarious!:

4 Likes

One Final Gorbasm

The death of Mikhail Gorbachev has brought forth, from the American mainstream media, what I hope will be the last Gorbasm. Still, they cannot help themselves so it’s not possible to be certain.

Rush Limbaugh coined the term “Gorbasm” back at the beginning of this century. Here is a descriptive link:

Much of that Reagan hate has transformed today into venom for Trump, with animus for DeSantis waiting off stage just in case.

The truth, of course, is that President Reagan, with notable help from Margaret Thatcher and Pope John Paul II, brought about the downfall of the Soviet Union. That’s a fact liberals even now cannot abide. So the Gorbasms just keep on coming.

2 Likes

What a wonderful comment on the love, desire, and adulation of the mainstream media regarding the last Communist premier of the USSR. I am grateful that he was there as opposed to someone less confused, conflicted, and identity-unsure.

They say that the memory is the first thing to go, so this is just a gentle reminder that El Rushbo coined that term during Papa Bush’s term.

ETA: He later added sound effects for the Gorbasms.

1 Like

Yes. That timing makes more sense than what I wrote. Thanks

1 Like

41NYMVpimkL.SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_FMwebp

Wife and brother team up to honor Rush.

Nice.

https://www.amazon.com/Radios-Greatest-Time-Rush-Limbaugh/dp/1668001845/

2 Likes

I think they’re mostly adding commentary and background to a book that Rush spent over a year writing.

My order is in, and I didn’t even complain about the hardcover price.

3 Likes