New Amex T&C: "Gaming" grounds for freezing, taking your MR points

Ha, well that’s another story altogether. There’s a reason I specifically mentioned the flights…and only the flights. :slight_smile:

If you’re referring to the first $6.5K qualifier, I’ve read you can spend it anywhere, including everyone’s favorite mall since you get only 0.5% on them. But if I were you, I’d just buy the vanillas at the drugstores as qualifiers since they earn 1% which pays for the fees (unless your drugstores now have the $5.95 fees instead of the old fees that are a dollar less).

@Ma_Barker this is what I was referring to. That, to me, is a blanket statement that may or may not ONLY apply to a signup minspend/$6500 or ALL reward spend.

gotcha!

I based it on recent DPs online where people spent at the “mall” to meet the qualifying threshold so now they’re enjoying 5% on g,g and ds purchases up to $50K

These new provisions have shown up on my Blue for Busineess, B4B Plus, and Platinum cards so far.

2 Likes

Abusing?? Misusing?? Gaming?? Who would ever do that? I host gigantic parties at my house multiple times per week. Hundreds of people. You wouldn’t believe these grocery bills.

2 Likes

I buy lots of groceries that I donate to the food bank.

1 Like

Note that the new T&C for Membership Rewards cards went into effect Nov 1. Let’s be sure to share evidence of new measures by Amex’s RAT and related developments.

1 Like