New Members Introduce Yourselves!

Hello everyone. I have mostly been a lurker of FWF (yesak, member since 2007). May stay in the same role but will try to contribute for the first time here.

3 Likes

Hi all, woolooloo here, call me woo. FW member since 2008. Not a huge contributor, but I post information when I have something useful to contribute, and I have certainly learned a lot the past 10 years. I appreciate the fact that SIS and others have created this new space for us to continue helping each other. Iā€™ll see you all around!

3 Likes

Hello Everyone, been a FW member since 2006. It taught me a lot that I did not know and helped me immensely put two kids through college.

5 Likes

Hey all!

Iā€™ll be the unique one hereā€¦

Iā€™m actually not moving over from FW, coming from a thread on another forum that was discussing the closure of FW and suggested this as the continuation.

I hope to be able to contribute here!

My interests revolve mainly around CC Churning and MS with a dash of resale, all for the intent of travel

6 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m Booksleuth on Anandtech, slickdeals and FW since 01/02/2001. Enjoy reading on FWF and advice on tech.

My longterm favorite was RCA. I would like more discussion of ACA and how to game the healthcare system

Retired from full-time IT at MetLife and other places, now doing Part-time property management and mostly retired.

3 Likes

Wow, pretty decent turnout so far. Glad to make it over from FWF.

3 Likes

Glad to have found my way over here from FWF. Was a big fan of the forums back in the heyday of the AoR. Looking forward to working on something big again with all of you!

3 Likes

Greetings!! I was Sundiego123 at Fat Wallet and grabbed the same name here. I hung out at FW since November, 2002. The banker in me kept me lurking in the Finance forum but I mostly hung out in Hot Deals. Many thanks to all the old-timers who contributed invaluable tips and knowledge! Looking forward to the new forum.

3 Likes

Mabrikh here and Mabrikh in Fatwallet as well. Hereā€™s my credit in FW :slight_smile:

Ave. Posts/Day: 0.11
Lifetime Posts: 450

Live in SoCal and I own few businesses in Colorado and one business in California. Learned a lot in FW and I am glad to join here.

3 Likes

montee4 here. Started fatwallet in 2006. Made quite a bit of $$ from there and learned quite a bit. Glad to see the forum is continuing on! Thank you to all that set it up.

4 Likes

Greetings. Shinobi here. Went by Shinobi1 over on FWF.

7 Likes

I am admiral (a nod to Vanguard, and low cost investing in general), formerly geo123 on FW. I am excited to see so many familiar faces here!

12 Likes

kamal (kamalktk from fatwallet).

7 Likes

Hi there! Same username as on FW, been a member there since 2002, but lurked a bit before that. I started in the Grocery/couponing forum when it was really active and found my way over to Finance. Iā€™ve learned a lot just reading the old threads, although I didnā€™t post very much. Thru illness and other issues in life, Iā€™m a bit behind financially. I have some of the knowledge but need to kick start some change in my life so Iā€™m coming over here for some motivation. Glad to see everyone!

3 Likes

Hi. TheGMan here and on FW. One of the original members there (if youā€™re lurking, hi Tim!).
Been on hiatus from FW off & on the past couple of years but looking forward to a fresh start here. Good to see a lot of familiar names already.

4 Likes

Hey everyone. Freakazoid on FW since 2001 (and old Anand lurker before that), and now Freakazoid here. I canā€™t thank the old guard (including but not limited to DH and SIS) enough for all their time and expertise throughout the years. Whether itā€™s here or wherever, itā€™s good to see the community staying together.

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m here for the t-shirts. There will be t-shirts, right?

7 Likes

bogalusa here. Am still bogalusa on FW, joining in 2006 plus or minus 1 year. Happy to see SIS, as any FWer would be.

Hanging onto my FW T-shirt (earned by posting a cruise hot deal, 2011).

Interested in deals, finance, retirement, reverse mortagages, credit cards, cruises.

Wishing FD lots of success! Same goes for all FDers.

3 Likes

arch8ngel (same name from FWF) checking in.

Was happy to see SIS post again, and Iā€™m looking forward to seeing where the new forum goes.

TripleB is posting here already, so thatā€™sā€¦ promising.

4 Likes

Thanks for setting up the new site SIS and DH. 16+ year member of FW and like many of you Anandtech before that.

3 Likes