Pre-rigged texas rig

I’m not sure how many fisherman are here, but this isn’t the worst deal I’ve seen. (yeah, marketing was not my major).
https://www.overstockbait.com/products/luck-e-strike-perfect-worm-rig-4pk?variant=32204812058726

If you are just learning this is not a bad deal.

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

Yes, big fisherman, & hunting fans.

Not so much anymore. Kids (2 boys) still make their yearly trip out of San Diego, deep out of Mexico waters. They stay gone 7-10 days. Come home with a ton of wonderful fish, Tuna + dozens of other kinds.

We all used to go up the coast of southern Oregon for 3-4 days of salmon fishing Used the old standby “pink lady”, largest catch 28 pd & 34 pd salmon. Loved it!

For hunting, oldest son & grandson, just got his young Lab professionally trained. Came home last week with 5 pheasants. My husband has given up trying any longer, bad legs.

That Perfect Worm Rig would probably work. Fishing is a great sport to start young kids.
Off topic but I watched an older movie last night. “A River Runs Though It”

Yes, my hunting days are over, too. And my freshwater fishing is down to less than a dozen times a year.

These hooks are for bass fishing, frequently in cover. They are like a jig head, but with hooks shaped for 7" - 12" artificial worms. If you are new to bass fishing and don’t yet feel confident in how to configure a Texas rig, this will suffice until you do.

As for your salmon story, I’ve only caught two, and that was enough for me. Almost burnt down my reel. I am amazed, however, at the size of the hooks. They are tiny.