Purchasing Trade Lines (aka Credit Piggybacking)

What company were you using @jaytrader?

I went through two companies. The first one was amateur hour. The second one introduced new software (or tried to) and hired a new employee to manage things for cardholders, which was really sloppily done. Between the above and having to request my money the last few months, and the Discover shutdown, I pulled out. I’d prefer not to say the companies because I had a lot of interaction with the owners of each company (both good and bad). Hope you understand.

Yup, I do, thanks for the reply!

I did engage tradelinesupply.com this evening, and submitted some info about my cards for a quote. They replied stating they needed access to my credit karma account to verify that I own the cards. I replied saying I understand, but everything I just sent them (card issuer, limit, usage, open date) was directly from credit karma. It really was. I don’t know what dates I opened all of my cards…

I stated I wasn’t interested in wasting anyone’s time and I’d gladly give them that info once we had an executed agreement. They replied an hour later saying they still couldn’t give a quote (even though the original auto-reply stated all of the commission structure) because they didn’t have access to my credit karma account and wouldn’t execute an agreement prior to getting that access. They attached the card holder agreement that I’d sign after they verified by credit karma stuff. It was rampant with misspellings, bad punctuation, incorrect word usage, etc. Also, they don’t have a bond like some other piggyback companies do, and the agreement basically states they won’t even help in the event an AU does something bad.

That is pure amateur stuff. I replied saying never mind and cited the misspellings and punctuation errors, and suggested they get a $50k bond, which is very cheap insurance, and shows they’re serious players in the piggyback game. Being too cheap to pay someone just to proof read the contract and also saying they wont even assist when an AU does something bad, is plain nonsense. I highly recommend steering clear of them. I have no other experience with them other than a few emails back and forth.

3 Likes

Yeah they sound like a company to steer away from based on your experience! I am waiting to hear back from Boost Credit 101 myself.

I have just executed an agreement with one of the two companies I previously used, after talking to the owner and us settling our differences. If anyone is interested, please PM me. I will help out however I can.

4 Likes

DoC posted a link to this reddit post that I think is relevant. Here’s what could happen after you sell your tradeline. See pages 11 and 16 if you don’t want to view the whole file.

https://www.transunion.com/resources/transunion/doc/events/FS-seminar-2018/presentations/TU-FS-Seminar-18-the-evolution-of-fraud-in-lending.pdf

3 Likes