Seeking CC help/suggestions - Specific conditions

Gosh $15 for a notary seal!! That is ridiculous; high price headquarters. I get items notarized for free, and the same free service is available to all here where I live.

Hang onto that notarized document in case you change your mind again. One never knows. :wink:

At least you made a friend at Inova in the process. That is a really good thing. You might need one.

There you go!!

CA is way over the top. Everything cost more here & where you live you get it free. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yup. Like I always say:

“Free is cheap” :smiley:

They presumably didn’t like losing money on your transactions. I have to think if someone follows in your footsteps, they will be identified at some point and shut down…

1 Like

I’m shocked, having run into it multiple times at both banks and credit unions. :unamused:

1 Like

Posted for information only

Imagine my confusion. I just received an email from Inova saying:

“Sorry to see you go”

Signed into my account and all accounts are gone.

They are “sorry to see me go” but they apparently kicked me out . . . after all.

I cannot keep up with these people. I’m good as long as they do not post notifications about this that other financial institutions can see. And at this point I would put nothing beyond them.

Fair warning:

Deal with Inova, should you choose to do so, at your own risk.

1 Like

Do what you’ve been doing, at your own risk. It really isn’t anything specific to Inova. They didn’t freeze your accounts - and account balances - indefinitely, so this is a good outcome.

1 Like

I think your right about having that friend at Inova. I can see my acct now & everything is opened & is in the proper place.
Supposedly they would accept $500 on the Credit Card, but mine amounted to $420.
Membership Savings- $10 available $5, True Descriptive Deposit $10 (I think that was to join),
Shield Checking 3% $400.

Without a doubt, so I suggest that everyone not flood into Inova with applications and CD purchases. :wink:

Apologies in advance for the absence of specificity here. I have never revealed my (active) counterparties, and I’m not gonna start now. That said, I want to comment in general:

It appears to me more financial institutions are allowing CD purchases with credit cards. This capability often will be introduced when a credit union, for example, upgrades its website. From what I’m seeing, this new facility is standard fare in the offerings of some financial website designers. Most credit unions do not do their own website designs. Instead they purchase a “package” from a company in business to design such things. The “buy CD with a CC” capability is built into some of these standard packages.

If your financial institution did not support such purchases in the past, they might now if their website has undergone an upgrade.

4 Likes

Interesting post, slappycakes. I had never considered the crossover potential, the possible nexus, between bonus and reward hustles. Yours is an excellent observation.

Ah, the good old days! :grinning: Back then I was opening CD accounts for twenty grand, ten grand; it was great!

Not today :cry:

Still, I have some standards remaining . . . a shred or two . . . a vestigial. My lower limit now is $2.5k. That’s not an impressive number I agree. But I can make a modest living at that amount by operating, as I do, twelve cards.

Still I yearn for the halcyon days of this hustle. But they’re not coming back. :anguished:

I suspect the really good old days were before you dipped your toes in the water. $100k credit card funding of opening deposits for savings accounts with Citibank. Those were the days… :grin:

4 Likes

Remember back when I was so happy with the friend at Inova FCU.

Will they closed my account & sent me a check for my deposits. It’s a long story but I made a mistake on the original account. The friend (I told you earlier) opened a 2nd acct. Sounds good.

I received a call from Inova explaining that in order to close the first acct I would need to fill out form, & send back. I did. They closed both accounts, 1st & 2nd.

In the meantime I had received the debit card & thought I had $15k in the account. Decided to start on my way to the 8 debit uses on card. Big problem, they had closed acct & funds gone.

Of course after a couple days I discovered no money in acct. Called friend at Inova & no answer. Called a supervisor & explained situation. She apologized for the mix up but refused to go ahead & open another acct. So after a week, I received my $15k money.

I called Inova FCU to open the 3% Shield Checking acct (still good deal) & was told they hesitate because I closed 2 previous accounts. Pretty unbelievable… .

Don’t know about the friend with Inova maybe he is on vacation, or he is fired. Still no answer on his phone after week+ time.

2 Likes

Just wondering, glitch99.

Did you get in on the Inova FCU deal? The last I heard you were waiting on your membership.

They declined me. Too many chexsys inquiries (6 in last 12 months).

Good to know. Thanks for posting. I HATE Chex!! the snoopy little ba****ds!!

They’re not the ones “snooping” – the banks purposely divulge the information. Hate the banks.

I am of course, and I was, WELL aware of that.

Chex are snooping facilitators. And that is tantamount to snooping in my book. It’s a detestable organization badly in need of being reined in.

Yeah, if only CFPB still had some teeth…

Just for my own understanding… do banks report each opened or closed checking/savings account to Chex? Or only if the bank feels the closing was too soon?