Sprint 12 months of unlimited plan $0/mo +taxes (restrictions on phones)

I definitely could have rolled the dice but I figured the trouble I had in the OP combined with the upcoming weekend (I’ll be traveling) it isn’t worth it.

I almost didn’t meet and marry my wife because of a bungled Sprint device swap, so I’m sensitive to their issues.

2 Likes

Befrugal is pending at $100 even though they say they’re only doing $80 for BYOD.

Update: The activation process is crap. The automated online port and sign up failed and is directing me to call Telesales. They need an account number and PIN (which I never set up yet).

Why sprint can’t just activate when you put a SIM in a phone is beyond me. So stupid.

Glad I didn’t roll the dice over the weekend on this.

Got my account set up, have data only. No voice calls.

3 rounds of idiot reps who have asked me to do all kinds of stupid stuff and nothing worked.

I’m sure it will get sorted out but I’m now 3+ hours without a phone.

Finally fixed 4hrs. Someone with a brain helped me. I think going to a store is a better idea if anyone out there is reading this.

3 Likes

I am ready to start a new cycle. I see this condition in the fine print specifically “postpaid”, has anyone had an issue coming from VZ prepaid? (Personally not me, however I want to be prepared).

Limited Time Offer. Req. credit approval, AutoPay, eBill, and port-in from postpaid carrier.

I ported from T-Mobile pay-as-you-go in Sept and didn’t have any issues.

2 Likes

Is this deal dead?

Yes!

since this is going away, what’s the best unlimited data deal (network doesn’t matter much since it’s for my data hog son)

Probably the $25/mo Sprint Kickstart. Throttled stinks, but it’s for your data hog son, so he can just deal with it.

1 Like

So my 2 years of Sprint finally ended. Thanks Sprint - $3K of savings over 2 years is my best financial savings move of 2017-19.

Anyone have their best place to go now? I’m using Mint because they had a neat B3G3 Deal (Buy 3 months, get 3 months) which they then expanded further to some sort of weird 12 month deal. So I’m signed up to get 12 additional months of 10GB Mint for $135 (x2, since Mrs. Orthros is getting the same deal) but I feel like there are better deals out there.

Following. My wife’s year of free Sprint will be coming to a close soon too.

how did you get more than 12 mos.?

did you get the cashback?

I canceled and had my wife sign up using her SSN. So 1 year for me + 1 year for her = 2 years for our 2 phone lines.

Didn’t get cashback, but didn’t even try. I was only paying $5 a month in taxes/fees. If there was a bonus signup spiff, I guess I could have tried for that, but I didn’t.

1 Like

was it exactly a year/ea?

Yes.

1 Like

I thought they ended the $0 for 1 year like 6-8 months ago… how did you sign up?