Suggestions and feedback

I meant to quote the reply about enabling tags that I replied to…

Cool. I moved some recent tax-related topics into the new Tax sub.

Thanks for working this out with me by PM, Eugene. We can tweak settings for usability as people tinker.

Thank you!

I see tags enabled, should we have some guidelines on using them?

Should I be immediately busting Hot Deals threads by new-ish users that contain coupon codes? They look like spam to me.

I say yes…it’s clearly spam.

@thefdadmin what happened with supporting the ## heading and details inside a table cell? I’ve been using them in various wikis.

##heading

[details="Summary"] tes [/details]

withdrawn

I’m getting a certificate error while trying to access the site with proper security settings:

An error occurred during a connection to www.fragiledeal.com. The OCSP response does not include a status for the certificate being verified. Error code: MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_OCSP_RESPONSE_FOR_CERT_MISSING

Had to temporarily set security.ssl.enable_ocsp_stapling to false in firefox to post this.

Edit: works now… looks like the certificate was updated.

Hi guys,
I used to click on the “End” button on the keyboard to fully load a page and then use the browsers “Find” feature (NOT the boards own “Find”) to search for what I am looking for.

This no longer works on Firefox or Chrome. Neither of them can find any of the keywords I am looking for. It is like even though I scrolled to the bottom of the page to load it all, it is discarding the top portion of the page so it is not included in search.

Anyone know what is going on? This used to work.

When you use the boards own Find feature, there’s a checkbox to “Search this topic”. Should accomplish what you are trying to accomplish I think.

Well, I prefer to use the browsers search as it shows context as I quickly zip through the matches.

Does anyone know what changed in the board software such that it used to be searchable via browsers own search a little while ago and is no longer?

I’ve never tried hitting “End” and then searching, until just now. As you mentioned, it does not work. However, you can hit “End” and then “Home” and CTRL-F twice will bring up Firefox’s search box and it works.

Of course, this is on Firefox forty something, masquerading as 57. I have no idea if the current iteration of Firefox even has a search function.

1 Like

I’m getting the certificate error again:

An error occurred during a connection to www.fragiledeal.com. The OCSP response does not include a status for the certificate being verified. Error code: MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_OCSP_RESPONSE_FOR_CERT_MISSING

I’m suggesting that after 9 months we need a logo.

Here’s my entry into the unofficial logo contest:

7 Likes

Possible bug, the Obamacare topic in finance now no longer shows up for me when I go to the forum, I can only get to it with a direct link. Doesn’t show up at the top when I click on Unread either even if there were new replies.
This happened after I unsubscribed to emails for replies to it. Can someone look into this or tell me how to get it back? Thanks.

Can you find it with search? It’s the first thread when I use the search at top right for “Obamacare”.

Could you possibly have set it to “ignore”? It shows up for me in the Unread and Latest menu listings.

2 Likes

Yeah I figured out that somehow the topic is now in my ‘Mute topic’ list. (Prefs->Notifications->Categories->Show Muted topics).

Problem is now that I don’t see any way to unmute it, all you can do is list what you have.

EDIT: figured it out, had to click on the topic then go to the bottom and change the Muted button to Tracking to get it back.

2 Likes