Target - Free Holiday Shipping Starting Nov. 1st

“In addition, Target.com will offer Free Ship to all guests beginning Nov. 1, with no minimum purchase required.”

It’s a long article that talks about many things that Target is doing this year to entice shoppers. That above tidbit is buried about halfway down the page.

Target Brings Joy to the Holiday Season with New Brands, More Ways to Shop and Save

4 Likes

But don’t most Target shoppers have a Redcard, which gives free shipping year around? I understand, this is great for those who don’t, but not having one and leaving 5% on the table is just dumb. The free shipping is just another benefit.

I’d argue that Target should instead, push their Redcard.

I have a REDcard and have gotten free shipping on all my purchases, regardless of order amount. However, here is some fine print (emphasis mine) from their REDcard page: https://www.target.com/c/redcard/-/N-4tfyn

"REDcard™ Free Shipping at Target.com program rules

When you use your Target Debit Card™, Target Credit Card™ or Target™ Mastercard® (each, a “REDcard™”) on Target.com, you will receive free shipping on your Target.com purchases (Target Debit Card cannot be used on the mobile Target.com website). Offer applies on standard shipping to all 50 states and the District of Columbia as well as APO/FPO addresses and Puerto Rico. If you upgrade your shipping method, shipping fees will apply. A handling fee may apply if an item requires special care during shipment. Select items may require a minimum purchase threshold before the order will be shipped. This offer is not valid on previous orders or where otherwise prohibited by law. Target reserves the right to discontinue or alter the terms of this program at any time."

I guess I haven’t ordered any select items.

This quarter, Discover is giving 5% on Amazon and Target purchases, which includes Target.com, per my email:

“Target purchases include any purchase made online or in-store at Target and SuperTarget.”

To top that off, don’t forget to go to Target.com through a cashback shopping portal.

Interesting. I thought you got free shipping and 5% off with EVERYTHING. I wonder if that means only sold by Target?

It wouldn’t surprise me if the original terms called for free shipping on everything and were modified later. Hopefully, people will carefully check their carts before finalizing their orders.

1 Like