Tesla Model 3: Pre-order to Ownership Discussion

Tesla Model 3: Pre-order to Ownership Discussion

Cancelled my day one online reservation last Friday. Would’ve preferred a check but of course Tesla said that would take up to 50 business days to receive (not a typo).

Didn’t want pre-paid Visa card (lose out on credit card rewards, etc) so had to go with ACH bank transfer although I didn’t really want to share my bank info. Timeframe advised was 2-5 business days and today is biz day #5. Will give it until end of next week before I escalate.

Anyone else request a refund recently? What did the timing look like for ACH transfer?

I thought it was a refund back to a debit card, not a prepaid Visa card. Unless they are now sending out prepaid debit Visas (which you could cash out for 70 cents at Walmart). I cancelled on Wednesday and haven’t received the money yet.

Understood and agreed. Your best bet there, and I do this myself, is to have one or more “throwaway” accounts available to collect the funds. These are ACH-connected accounts you control but which most often contain only a buck. Free checking accounts are an example.

The user was last seen July 11th, so don’t count on any pics.

Odd. Why would @TeslaModel3 disappear?

Following his fearless leader, he’s decided to go private? :laughing:

To close the loop, I received my deposit back six days after I filed the refund request, so in due time. I still have the other reservation, but don’t know what I want to do with it.

My mind on long-terms prospect of Tesla haven’t changed, the CEO’s wackiness doesn’t even count into it.

How much is insurance costing / yr on this?

Get this Model 3 at a discount. Few dents and scratches though. https://www.copart.com/lot/42378098?eid=email_US_mktg_reminder_32_DC_Washington_Featured