The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

I’m not making this up.

Except yes, you are.

The entire premise of his opinion is that he is entitled to more rights on his property than others are on theirs, and he is entitled to have more rights on other’s property than they do on their own.

1 Like

stock

stock2

See above Tamyra Mensah-Stock, our splendid and highly accomplished Olympic Gold Medal winning athlete in freestyle wrestling. This woman literally wraps herself in our flag and proclaims her pride and good fortune in being an American. She is a winner in every way!

But you unfortunately (see below) have to take the bad with the good:

megan

You will not find photos of that woke America hater, Megan Rapinoe, wrapping herself in our flag. And she will not be winning, nor do traditional Americans hope for her to be winning, any gold medals . . . or silver medals either, for that matter.

I’ll take an American winner like Tamyra over a screaming loser like Megan any day of the week!!

1 Like

I hate when the satire is so good it’s not funny.

4 Likes

Biden to Tesla: FU

Biden and his woke Democrat flunkies have gone out of their way to snub Tesla big time. I bet you already are able to guess why unassisted. But if you want confirmation, CNBC can provide it:

Why Musk’s Tesla was snubbed from Biden’s clean-car showcase

Think whatever you want. Tesla has been in the forefront of electric vehicle development in the USA, and that’s a fact. Period. But not if you’re a member of the Biden administration, hence impervious to reality!

unfortunately, it looks like Rapinoe and her woke buddies won the bronze medal so they’ll be able to pull their stunts on the medal stand. maybe it’s for the best so the American public can see the anti-American left in action.

Perhaps. But not today beneath the aegis of Apple or some other woke San Francisco/west coast-based entity.

You might argue that in future such monitoring by the government itself will become equally as woke as the Apple scum are today.

It’s a possibility. But at least those who believe as I do have some input where the government is concerned. We have none whatsoever at Apple or at other woke private companies akin.

ETA

For those without sufficient imagination to foresee what the future might hold, hows about if I offer you a present-day concrete example of the activities of one of those woke west coast internet titans, in this instance . . . . Facebook. This just happened, and it should offer you a clue as to their arrogance:

It’s not just Trump. NOT AT ALL!

Facebook has just blocked a team of New York University researchers, stopping their activity cold. So what was this team investigating?

:rofl:

Hee hee

They were investigating Facebook itself!! The mighty titans at Facebook did not like that one bit, and they invented an excuse to put a stop to it. And what recourse does the NYU team have? None whatsoever:

Facebook Blocks Accounts

“It is disgraceful that Facebook is attempting to squash legitimate research that is informing the public about disinformation on their platform”

“Facebook should not be able to cynically invoke user privacy to shut down research that puts them in an unflattering light, particularly when the ‘users’ Facebook is talking about are advertisers who have consented to making their ads public.”

I leave it to readers here to extrapolate where this sort of power will leave us five or ten years hence.

Facebook is supposed to be a public bulletin board operating on the theory that the solution to too much free speech is still more free speech. It is anything but.

Laura Edelson has commented on this situation on Twitter . . . but no longer on Facebook!:

Laura Edelson’s response now confined to Twitter

Note:

Laura Edelson is a Ph.D. Candidate in Computer Science at NYU’s Tandon School of Engineering.

1 Like

Or perhaps your biology education is lacking? For example, a non-0% of people are born with both male and female organs. Who, but more importantly why, should decide the designation on the birth certificate right after birth?

IMO it shouldn’t be required, the same way as nationality / ethnicity is not even present on the federal or state ID documents (the passport just says “USA,” probably to meet international passport standards). Nobody looking at your ID should need to know whether you’re Irish, Italian, Jewish, or Maori. It shouldn’t matter. Neither should sex or gender.

Because, believe it or not, we have statistics which prove that black doctors are better at diagnosing diseases that are more commonly associated with black patients. They can relate to each other better, resulting in better doctor-patient relationships and better outcomes. IIRC this was covered on Freakonomics or something educational like that.

Your “outrage” is misplaced and stems from lack of a deeper understanding of the subjects.

1 Like

I’m not sure exactly which studies you’re referring to be (feel free to post), but yes, people seem to relate to others of the same race more easily, and that was shown to be true for black patients with black doctors for example. But how comfortable you feel talking to your doctor is probably a secondary factor to how capable he is when it comes to your health outcomes.

The poster child for Bakke 1978, the affirmative action case for allowing racial quotas in medical school admissions, saw the underqualified-but-admitted Patrick Chavis go one to kill a woman and severely injure two others in his cosmetic surgery practice before losing his license entirely. Hardly a success story.

Tammaria Cotton wasn’t as lucky. When Chavis performed her liposuction on June 22, her blood pressure plummeted, and she complained of difficulty breathing. “If you can talk, you can breathe,” Chavis reportedly told her. As her frightened husband watched, “reddish fluid” leaked from her body for hours, pooling on the floor. But instead of administering emergency treatment, Chavis vanished. By early evening, Cotton was in cardiac arrest. She died en route to the hospital.

Minority communities and poor families don’t need black doctors. They need good doctors. And when universities admit medical students on grounds other than academic ability, they will turn out fewer doctors who are good.

In its 1978 Bakke decision, the Supreme Court approved the system that put Patrick Chavis in medical school: lower academic standards for most black students in exchange for racial “diversity.” The result is that black students for 20 years have been failing the national medical boards – the leading measure of medical school achievement – far more often than their peers.

Here’s a recap of how bad the affirmation action is for med schools.

(Linked)

A med school candidate with poor-to-middling GPA and MCAT scores has roughly a 1/3 chance of admission. But thanks to Bakke, if that candidate is black they have an 80% chance of admission while if they were Asian it would be a mere 20%. This stratified admission of candidates by race feeds through to similar racial disparities in med school exam scores, graduation rates, success passing certification exams, and patient health outcomes.

Who would have thought tests were so racist? Meanwhile, thanks to these policies, you have a strong signal for your doctor’s competence by just looking at them. Making stereotypes true where there wouldn’t have been any before.

Drudge this morning carrying the full skinny on the Obama blowout birthday bash:

Forget masks

Climate czar John Kerry arrived on his private jet!

Steven Spielberg, Tom Hanks, George Clooney, Jennifer Hudson, Jay-Z, Beyoncé, Bradley Cooper, Don Cheadle, Gabrielle Union, Dwyane Wade, Bruce Springsteen Erykah Badu, and Steven Colbert were just some of the celebrity guests at the seaside affair.

So funny. These Democrats are remarkably disingenuous and so full of s***!!

And when it was all over, the Obamas retired to their “modest” 6,900 square foot, $12M seaside “cottage”:

In Marxist societies, only the political leaders live in luxury.

2 Likes

Satire roundup.

3 Likes

Sullivan on Biden’s political issues. Excerpts below.

The trouble is mounting on some other fronts. On immigration, where Biden’s seriously underwater in the polls, Biden’s assurances that the huge uptick in migrants at the Southern border was just seasonal have also lost any credibility… If liberals don’t enforce borders, fascists will.

The disturbing spike in the murder rate also shows few signs of ending… mostly, it’s been the end of proactive policing, big waves of cop retirements, and collapsed morale in law enforcement that has allowed this cycle to begin again. And, once started, it’s very hard to arrest. Last year, murders were up 25 percent; this year, so far, has seen them jump another 15 percent, taking a toll primarily on black Americans.

I also agree with Ruy Teixeira that the successor ideology is corroding the Democrats’ appeal to moderates, especially parents. Their key concern: not that their children will learn painful history (they should), but that “they are being arrayed into hierarchies of privilege and oppression and encouraged to see everything through a racial lens.” A hefty 71 percent of independents have a “very unfavorable” view of CRT — but Biden has embraced this neo-racism with passion.

And Covid remains a tough issue politically for the Democrats. Their base wants to punish the vaccine-refuseniks, because they think they’re all Fox News-viewing crazies. But a key part of the Democratic coalition is also resisting vaccines: African-Americans. Pushing mandates and passports will mean disproportionately targeting blacks in many cities — the vaccination rate for African-Americans nationwide is a sad 38 percent.

Biden’s judicial appointments continue his pro-immigration, pro-criminal policies. Also, skin color and gender play a more important role than competence, as in his choice of cabinet members.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/566789-biden-speeds-ahead-on-installing-judges?rl=1

Biden is pressing ahead with an aggressive quantity of nominees and putting an emphasis on diversifying a federal bench that has historically been lacking women, people of color and lawyers with a background in public interest.

At least 12 of the president’s picks have worked as public defenders, and others have backgrounds in civil rights, labor and immigration law.

1 Like

Republican collapse paving way for massive Democrat victory

Stick a fork. The Republicans are very nearly DONE! Close to twenty of them are prepared to give Biden his long sought for bipartisan victory on the hard infrastructure bill. This will be a major coups for Biden.

The Democrats will then turn around and pass another $3.5T spending bill through reconciliation, with no Republican support at all. But they do not care one whit. Would you care about such a detail while grasping total political victory over the stupid and hapless Republicans?

Republicans are fools. The entire party should be disbanded and replaced with a Conservative Party. At that point many of today’s Republicans would move over and become Democrats. And that is exactly where they belong today!

3 Likes

Sounds like yours might be lacking. There is no documented case of a human born with both ovaries and testicles, EVER. There are very rare cases of malformed and/or malfunctioning ovaries or testicles, but never both.

The very rare cases in which doctors are mistaken at birth because of birth defects and physical abnormalities can be fixed. The vast majority of people petitioning to change the sex listed on their birth certificate these days are NOT examples of the cases you describe above. A policy that is generally applicable and causes no issue for more than 99.5% of the population shouldn’t be completely scrapped because it sometimes causes difficulties for 0.5%. There should be mechanisms to fix errors for those super rare cases. That’s what we had before states made it easier to change (not fix) sex on an ID and birth certificate. It worked. There was no need for those changes and there is definitely no need to get rid of it altogether.

But it does matter. Males and females are (rightfully) treated differently in certain situations.

4 Likes

Are genitals not considered organs? Or is my bio education lacking? I thought these cases exist.

Such as? Specifically, when would seeing someone’s sex on the birth certificate lead you (or anyone) to treat the person differently?

I understand that cops, for example, may perceive males to be more aggressive than females, because it’s probably true, but you don’t need a birth certificate for that.

Fine, I looked it up. It was in this Hidden Brain episode I believe, not Freakonomics. I think the article at the link is just a summary, so you may have to listen or find the transcript. But there are decent references right there.

Also this.

All your link does is point out meed18’s error - that such difficulties affect .05% of the population, not .5%. And yes, your bio education is lacking if you think genitals consist of ovaries and testicles.

Besides, the whole “transgender” thing is about what a person feels they should be, not what they are biologically. That’s the reason for so much objection, since whole concept of gender is based on biology, not psychology.

Medical exams. Or are you offended you have never been given a pregnancy test?

3 Likes

Because genitals don’t determine sex. Gametes do. So yes, your bio education is lacking.

But that’s most likely because transgender activists have spent every waking moment since Obergefell getting as much of the media, academia, hollywood, and the left on board with their fake biology arguments as possible. I don’t blame anyone that thinks chromosomes or genitals are what determines sex. That’s what the activists want people to think because they can manipulate those claims in their favor. What they can’t manipulate in their favor is the fact that in all mammal and pretty much all species, gametes are 100% binary and determine sex. And that externally observable sex organs match gametes in 99.9% of cases.

But all of that is just a distraction by trans activists anyway because 99% of trans people today do not have ambiguous genitalia or chromosomes. Almost none of them meet the definition of intersex. The biological argument is mostly irrelevant even if it were on their side (which it is not).

When I was in law enforcement and I dealt with transvestite hookers (people that would probably be considered transgender today), it was important to know their actual sex - which I got from their license - which comes from their birth certificate. Off the top of my head, I needed to know sex. 1. When I arrested them, males prostitutes needed to be housed with males and vice versa. 2. When I needed to search them, I needed to know what I should expect to find inside their pants or if I needed the assistance of a female officer. 3. It was helpful to know if I was dealing with someone who might not have all of their mental faculties.

For the vast majority of people, the sex listed on their license was superfluous. But it was also 100% factual and unoffensive. So there is really no reason to remove something that causes no harm in almost all cases, and is useful in the remainder. The only reason I am becoming more indifferent on the issue is because those of us that do understand biology and want to follow it have already lost the policy argument. According to that article:

48 states (Tennessee and Ohio are the exceptions) and the District of Columbia allow people to amend their sex designation on their birth certificate to reflect their gender identities.

and

10 states allow for a gender-neutral designation, usually “X,” on birth certificates

If we’re at a point now where only 2 states recognize that a human can’t change their sex because they feel like it, it’s already over. If we’re at a point where parents can choose to ignore the sex of their children when getting a birth certificate in 10 states, biological reality is already meaningless. I’m not sure how many states are putting males in female prisons, but I know it’s happening in California. We’re going to have females forced to sign up for selective service soon as well. We just had a dude compete against women in weightlifting at the olympics. At some point. It might be better to have IDs without sex since people can choose whatever goes on there regardless of biology anyway. I can’t be convicted of “misgendering” anyone if there is no official document listing their gender, right?

5 Likes

Maybe the next step will be to practically end affirmative action by having everyone identity as a trans black woman for all the virtue and diversity hiring / admission points. If sex is all in your mind, clearly race can’t be far behind.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/WomensLibFront/status/1419723052762468352

1 Like