Walgreens: 1 day sale - 20% - for AARP members or those age 55+

Tuesday, October 3rd (and every first Tuesday of the month.) 20% off. Shoppers must have a Balance Reward card (free, in store.) Offer only valid 10/3/17 in store with Balance® Rewards card to members 55 years of age or older and all AARP members. Proof of age may be required. Discount not valid on alcohol, dairy, tobacco, stamps, phone/prepaid/gift cards, newspapers, magazines, money orders/transfers, transportation passes, lottery tickets, charitable donations, pseudoephedrine or ephedrine products, clinic services, prescriptions, pharmacy items or services, sales tax, Prescription Savings Club membership fee, and items or services submitted to insurance for reimbursement or where otherwise limited by law. Offer is not combinable with “Buy One, Get One Free,” “Buy One, Get One 50% Off” or “Buy 2, Get 3rd Free.” Offer does not apply to bulk orders, backordered items, and out of stock items. Void where prohibited. Complete details in store.

3 Likes

FYI: I’m in my 40s and paid $60 to get an AARP card for 5 years. Sounds crazy but I’ve saved a lot more than $60 halfway through my tenure. Would probably work here - I’ll try it out and report back.

1 Like

As our community grew up on FW and will continue to age here, any/all tips on using AARP discounts are welcome! I’m not ready to be a grumpy old man quite yet, but I’ll act like one if it will save me some money!

For those who like the ridiculously expensive (but awesome) Sweet Frog yogurt, they have a continuous 15% discount when you flash your AARP card.

Some Dunkin’ Donuts give you a free donut, some give 10% off your drink and some allow you to choose.

Also, Walgreens seems to have a promotion every once in a while where you can get an AARP membership for free. Obviously big YMMV and not currently available to my knowledge, but it springs up from time to time.

The usual time the free AARP membership catalina printed was sometime in August. It’s now October and I haven’t seen the offer, maybe it’s just late? It’s a great deal because it prints when you buy certain WAG anti-allergy OTCs so that’s a good way to get something you can use in exchange for free AARP membership.

Years ago, I’m sure those on FW knew that during the 20% off days and Friends and Family 20% off, it included items on sale. Since they revised the policy that it’s only good for non sale items, I haven’t shop there except to buy the vanilla GCs when they have the offer buy 2 vanillas, get $5 WAG gc free.